Page 249 of 389 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I have still yet to grow a brain
    bacpacker, thank you for that compliment. My wife and I are doing more and more self sustaining projects. Most of them are related to food and I am happy to share them if there is an interest

I'll most likely shit myself

Not to speak for others, but I think it's safe to say feel free to share any projects you want. IMO, whether pass or fail. Plenty of lessons to learn from both.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Garden got beat up pretty bad here last night, they said 50 mph winds, more like 80+. 7 broken fence posts snapped at the ground, but we did better than most next door neighbor lost the whole fence at the ground in a single section, so lots of cleanup here today. The wind picked up potted plants and set them down at the bottom of a 4 foot retaining wall which was interesting.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Premium Member
    Picked up a Sawyer water filter that was on sale at Walmart ($18.00) to go in BOB and now I have two, one for each bag. That little filter is awesome and will filter lots of water before having to be replaced. Also, ordered fresh food bars and MREs for BOB. Using up older stuff in freezer and canned food stock to make room for new.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Do you have a robot?
    Drying the apples we just harvested. Time to start rehabbing the garden. Everything is going to be raised to keep out the gophers. We will be planting a bunch of asparagus this year.

Completed ammo inventory.

I have a bunch of med supplies that I finely got off my butt and separated into to four large portable boxes. Two will go to the cabin and two will stay here.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

So.....in an effort to keep my vehicle running, I took it over to my uncle's place to change the timing belt. I'm not sure how, but somehow he caught the car on fire. Seriously.

The damage isn't too bad, I don't think, but we now have to completely rip the engine out and see the extent.

That's going to be my project for the next week or so.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

That sucks. Sorry to hear.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    So.....in an effort to keep my vehicle running, I took it over to my uncle's place to change the timing belt. I'm not sure how, but somehow he caught the car on fire. Seriously.

The damage isn't too bad, I don't think, but we now have to completely rip the engine out and see the extent.

That's going to be my project for the next week or so.
    Wow, Izzy, that does suck! Hope it doesn't set you back much.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I'll most likely shit myself

Hate to hear that Izzy. Hopefully you got it put out before it trashed the wiring harness.

Do you have a robot?
    That really is an aw shit.....similar thing happened to us a few yearns ago. We had do a complete make over. Although it cost us, at least everything that should have been attended to before was fixed. The problem is these usually come at a time you can least afford it.