Page 255 of 389 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    1) Daughter's full size Sig P250 .45 was put on layaway
    2) Just picked up *my* Sig P250 full size in 45, will shoot this weekend, OMG this thing is sweet!
    3) My Lee Loader for .45 came today, I already have Power Pistol and large primers, need boolets and were set to reload!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Academy carries reloading supplies now. They don't carry powder, but they carry everything else.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Ill check them out Helo, thanks... I just found the powder dipper did not equate to Power Pistol, so I ordered a used but like new Lee Safety scale off ebay for $15.

My Sportsmans Warehouse is where I got my powder, and they have one box of boolets as I type but the bank ran dry and Ill have to wait to get them... 250 for $40 or so.. I try and buy what I can there since my retired military ID gets me 10% off!

Also, daughter and I played with the Lee Loader. We deprimed a few cases. I can see I need to get some case lube, it was tight on the resize. I also need a tumbler I reckon... Ill be doing small batches (as you can tell by getting the Loader kit, ha ha!).

Would the vinager/dawn/salt/ whatever method be satisfactory???
    As seen here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vJ7MiHAuI

Thanks,
    EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Do you have carbide dies? If not please use case lube. Get the hornady spray on lube, much easier to use. Oh and don't go with the dippers, use a scale please.

You don't need a tumbler, your brass will just be ugly. I loaded for years without a tumbler, just could not handle the ugly brass anymore.

Thanks for the info bro...

Dies? What stinkin' dies?

I got the Lee Classic Loader...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFKV8S6cnQ

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/246...-loader-45-acp

Reloading on the shoe string cheap bro!

I forgot to mention, I just got a pocket cleaner and a debur tool, both are Lee, both to the door for about $8 with shipping. Gotta love ebay. :-0

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Yeah, I don't think that is carbide. You really need to use lube, or you will get one stuck and never get it out.

Bacon saver

That just got way too many steps for me, bang bang, tap tap, ok it might be cheaper but.........if you like it, run with it. Just to much time to make one "boolet" I do so love my one armed bandit though. Rock on Brother.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

In a couple of weeks I hope to have one of these:
    http://leeprecision.com/reloader-press.html

and.. some dies.

When my scale gets here, I want to work on making some powder dippers out of spent .22lr brass, some rod and solder... Different powders have different volume, so the dipper that came with my kit wont work for Power Pistol, only a few that are listed.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

NVG....totally a work deduction!

I bought an RV, class B dodge, older model. I plan to outfit it with solar electric system, and some other goodies to become the bug out vehicle.

Its everything I was looking for except 4 wheel drive, but those are just not practical for the price I was willing to pay, or had other disadvantages.

I wanted:
    Generator
    Shower
    4 wheel drive
    Older before too many electronics and emissions exempt (25 years old)

I could not find one with all of that, and I put the other priorities higher than 4 wheel drive, I will buy some tire chains, install a rear locker and winch, and use good judgement

It is essentially a one ton dodge van.

After belts, hoses, maintenance, etc:

First step is installing the solar system (200-300 watts solar panels, 2000 watt inverter (up to 4000 watts for 5 minutes), charge controller, and generator auto start, 400 amp hour batteries if they will fit but as close as possible

Next will be the rear locker, unless I find something else that I have to have a detroit locker is my preference.

Then, winch, grill guard, and misc

I have 2800 I can spend to make the upgrades, so step 1 and 2 are possible shortly, the rest will wait a bit. I plan to use it instead of staying in hotels at my remote office location. I can park it anywhere a van goes, and spend my 500 a month I would spend on hotels on this instead. I expect to get back my money on it in less than two years and after that its all gravy and I have a nice bug out or bug home vehicle.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Well, the produce department out back is closed for the year. It actually sleeted here north of Dallas for about 30 minutes last night. Luckily, I fought the remnants of a GI virus that my son had last week, and was nice enough to share with me long enough to pick the green tomatoes. Between cherry, and regular sized I got just over 700 picked. Now I'm separating the ones going into green salsa, and chow chow from the ones I'm trying to ripen in newspaper. Got about a pound of black beans, and enough purple green beans for a decent dinner. Got a few cerrano peppers, and some poblanos as well. My 4 year old snaked my 1/2 pound of raspberries I picked the other night before I could get them indoors. Melon beds are cleaned out and put in the compost bins, onion and tater beds are covered in plastic to kill the weeds, and next week I'm gonna get the other beds cleaned out. I already have a pile of tomato plants pulled up about 6x6x4 high and im not even getting started good on that.

Edit: did some tree trimming the other day on the oak trees out front. Lots of small branches to get rid of, so I'm going to cut them up a little more and start working on a hugelkulture bed. We'll see how that works.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.