Page 261 of 389 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

It did (take over) I got away hunting 7 weekends and a week this fall... and I averaged more time working than I did out in the bush/field!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I wish I got paid for OT. On the other hand a couple of dumb asses getting hurt got most all our OT grounded for a while.
    I only get overtime on my days off. I work 80 hours in each week and all of it is straight time. Then I get a week off. So the only way I can get overtime is to work on my week off when another mechanic is out on vacation or sick.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Jack. Squat. I've accomplished absolutely nothing this week.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Got a little .22 ammo, found it with a 1 box limit, and made wife go thru checkout separately. It's mini mag, which I was low on.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Daughter and I loaded 180 357 rnds, then took them and the 45 reloads I did previous to the range Sat.

It was very windy and 38, we left when I could no longer feel the rounds going into the magazine! HA HA!

Both loads worked a treat! I really wish I had a chrono, maybe after tax time...

Daughter got to shoot too... she shot the 45 mostly, had a good time.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

This covers the last month or so. I've built a cold frame out of hay bales and an old door. Have started and now transplanted kale, spinach, cabbage, and arugula. Hope to get some onions started soon. I've also tore out my grape arbor and am in the middle of cleaning up the mess I let take over. I HATE HONEYSUCKLE!!! Plus I haven't pruned the vines in a couple years and they have gotten ahead of me. It is a mess, but now starting to look better. The honeysuckle is just about gone and I plan to start pruning the vines this week. Then its time to start digging post holes for the new arbor and installing everything. The fun part with this (other than digging the holes) is lifting 4x16' hog panels on top of my T-post that will be close to 8' high.

I did get to the gun show this morning. Crowd was lighter than any I've been to lately. Picked up some powder and a few med supplies.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    This covers the last month or so. I've built a cold frame out of hay bales and an old door. Have started and now transplanted kale, spinach, cabbage, and arugula. Hope to get some onions started soon. I've also tore out my grape arbor and am in the middle of cleaning up the mess I let take over. I HATE HONEYSUCKLE!!! Plus I haven't pruned the vines in a couple years and they have gotten ahead of me. It is a mess, but now starting to look better. The honeysuckle is just about gone and I plan to start pruning the vines this week. Then its time to start digging post holes for the new arbor and installing everything. The fun part with this (other than digging the holes) is lifting 4x16' hog panels on top of my T-post that will be close to 8' high.

I did get to the gun show this morning. Crowd was lighter than any I've been to lately. Picked up some powder and a few med supplies.
    That's because they were all in line at the cabelas by my house. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Canned up 30lbs of potatoes, made up some hard tack, practice cordage making... That's about it

For the Love of Cats

What's your process for canning potatoes? Got any hard tack recipe variations worth sharing? (spices herb mixes)

- - - Updated - - -

I made 5 gallons of chili. Will be freezing some, and dehydrating some.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Got my baofeng radios, now to try and learn how to use them.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.