Page 264 of 389 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I traded a few hours of my time and a tank of chainsaw gas for about a week's worth of firewood.
    How much do you burn in a week?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Just a few baby steps. Added 1 gallon of water and 3 cans (8oz) of salmon to storage.

We are prepared for about 11 weeks of doing it on our own with the exception of water. We are in the Pasadena area of Calif. and if the city water supply tanks most people are screwed. There is a source of dirty water about 1/2 mile away and I could do some rudimentary filtering with sand and charcoal, then add chlorine to make it potable.

Currently I estimate we have potable water for about 3 weeks, plus what is in the 40 gallon hot water heater. We have a spa outdoors and the 400 or so gallons can be used for washing. Due to the amount of chemicals in the water in it, you would not want to drink it.

For the Love of Cats

No rain barrels Socal?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    No rain barrels Socal?
    What is rain? LOL.

Due to this area really being a desert (I know it doesn't LOOK that way, but it is because about 100 years ago William Mulholland stole huge amounts of water from northern California.

There is a small river with pretty dirty water about 1/2 mile away. I could use a sand/charcoal filter on it then add some chlorine bleach to have a water supply.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Researching ETR7 powder for reloading, the store is about an hour from me! Ill update when I know more, I need a chrony to check loads in order to post accurate data... or else it's all a guessing game.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    How much do you burn in a week?
    After a rough measurement I'd say just under 1/2 of a full cord, on average.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Since Christmas the wife has been trying to get over a bad cold. Last Saturday I caught it. Pretty much got nothing accomplished.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Started turning and amending soil in my raised beds this morning. Funny thing is, I've mostly been up to the garden at night lately, so I didn't notice the huge lettuce plants I've got in one of my beds.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    Socal I have it on good authority you got some rain last week. We had a downpour yesterday and got a whole .06 of an inch, not bad for all of January.....

What have I done to prep well it has taken two weeks but I renovated my pump house. It is 12 by 16 and was full of stuff, ok crap. Well I got a wild hair and went to work. I took everything out covered it in hopes it would rain. The walls were just 2x4 studs. I insulated the walls and covered them with OSB and painted them. I then put up shelving made from 2x3 which further strengthened the walls. I also put in a ceiling and with plywood and insulated it. I have two pressure tanks with the well inside so during summer it should keep it cooler and allow me to put some of my preps in there. So tomorrow I start putting everything back in. If it isn't in a container which is marked it is going to the dump.

I got a windfall of free bananas. I'm in the process of drying them. I really wanted to can them. I know you can. The cans of tropical fruit you buy in stores have banana chunks. I can't find anything on the net worth while. Some sites say you can can mashed, some say you can't. I want to can chunks. Anybody out there got any ideas?