Page 283 of 389 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Our onions are coming up like crazy. Taters are starting to poke thru. Got my berry plants and find planted.

Willie nice score on the Yeti. I want one of those badly, just can't justify the price right now.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Our onions are coming up like crazy. Taters are starting to poke thru. Got my berry plants and find planted.

Willie nice score on the Yeti. I want one of those badly, just can't justify the price right now.
    BP, I agree on buying them too, they are just too expensive. I've been wanting one for a couple of years and decided to save my points off AMEX and MC and get them for free. I now have two of them and both were free. It took a while to rack up enough points for the big one (about 8 months). We don't use the cards for credit, we only use them for everyday expenses like gas, cell phones, groceries, some utilities, etc. We pay off at the end of the month when the bill comes in, so there's no interest fee or any other fee on both cards. One is a Gander Mtn. MasterCard and I get Gander bucks at the end of the month and you can save them for a year or so. So I save them each month and watch for sales and only buy prep stuff or fishing gear....that counts right? At least that's what I told the wife.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like good planning to me.

I call big spoon.
    I got another car with my tax return last weekend. I've got a big sustainment bag put together for when I travel bUT I work 3 miles from home and put together a get home bag to keep in the car.

It doesn't contain anything special, I've got multiple of everything so it was easy to have some good stuff in the bag. I could use another compass but I'm a stickler for a good tritium lensatic compass and only have 1 of those. Direction where I live is real easy to tell using terrain association anyway. The bag has just enough to fight and survive long enough to get supplies.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    There was no load data for my desire, so I took the existing load data, did some math and calculated 6 gns of ETR6 for a 158gn flat point for 357 mag. I loaded up several to test out next range trip.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    There was no load data for my desire, so I took the existing load data, did some math and calculated 6 gns of ETR6 for a 158gn flat point for 357 mag. I loaded up several to test out next range trip.

EB
    Never mind
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Never mind
    No helo, not nevermind... speak! I/we value your input! If my thinking is off, Id like to get steered right.

I know chamber pressures are NOT linear with powder charge so I didnt just "pick a number". And still being fairly new to reloading, I am subject to err.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

No helo, not nevermind... speak! I/we value your input! If my thinking is off, Id like to get steered right.

I know chamber pressures are NOT linear with powder charge so I didnt just "pick a number". And still being fairly new to reloading, I am subject to err.

EB
    I re read your post. I don't have any load data on that powder. Never even heard of that powder. I asked why you did not have load data, and then I went to look it up for you. That is when I realized I don't have data on that powder. So I changed it to never mind. It would not let me delete the post.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Its cool bro, I just wanted your input, no matter what it was...

They have load data for .38/158gn but not for .357, so I have to play lab technician and conjure up a load to test..

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Its cool bro, I just wanted your input, no matter what it was...

They have load data for .38/158gn but not for .357, so I have to play lab technician and conjure up a load to test..

EB
    Just pack the case full of powder. Lol. ..... DON'T!
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.