Page 291 of 389 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    EB Ball and dummy drills are great. I have also found after that I have the person run a dot drill. Black dots about an inch square at three and five yards. Just have her shoot them nice and slow and the work up to speed. I find this used in conjunction with the ball and dummy will improve their skills.

AS to what I have done this week.
    Prepping a bunch of 308 brass to get ready to work up my long range loads.
    Ripped out the retaining wall in the garden because it needs to be replaced. I have been rebuilding the garden. I have to rent a tractor this week to move the soil, I figure I need to move about 10 yards. I finished two raised beds, I have six more to do. Each raised bed I have to hand shovel about 1 1/2 yards of material out then put it back, good exercise but it is killing me, I've got to get a tractor. Just got in five yards of high quality veggie mix.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Completed all but 2 5gallon buckets in my garden build. The build contains 40 5 gallon buckets and each contains a different vegetable or herb. Much thought has gone into this build since I am attempting a high output for the space that it occupies. If this follows through next year the items that will need to be invested into this system are seeds, egg shells, compost, water and my time. I will also set up another PVC greenhouse in my tiny backyard. that will require ~$70 of an investment.

This garden build should provide an 8 month growing period a gain of 2 months.

My Aquaponics system is also tiny but I have run 4 crops on it. Currently I am restarting for crop #5. The adult tilapia are ~ 12"-14" in size. The next phase is to begin farming the fish.
    http://vid1279.photobucket.com/album...psdjksks17.mp4
    What did you do for soil? We run a mix of one part sand, one part compost, two parts dirt and output has been amazing. Buckets are awesome containers. Our sweet potatoes were huge
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

I never thought of trying potatoes in the buckets... hmmm
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Sweet potatoes are great, russets... better in bigger boxes it seems, mound up as needed. We cut the bottoms out of buckets to build the height and didnt see much of a difference
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Finished seeding the Aquaponics system. Planted mustard greens, spinach, romaine lettuce, cumin, parsley, basil, chives, oregano, lavender and rosemary. Hopefully all will sprout and grow fiercely. My wife is looking forward to fresh herbs. With Aquaponics plants dont need to fight for nutrition it is delivered every 10-15 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    What did you do for soil? We run a mix of one part sand, one part compost, two parts dirt and output has been amazing. Buckets are awesome containers. Our sweet potatoes were huge
    Container garden soil. Dug the hole a little deeper mixed in equal amounts of used coffee grounds (starbucks) and compost. It wicks the water perfectly,and everything is cranking out nicely.

For the Love of Cats

Just picked up another 2 burner Coleman stove for $25... with half a jug of Naptha...

Woot!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Premium Member
    Picked up some more medium term essentials from the Dollar Tree while in the big city next door.

Boxed milk (1 year use by date), canned clams, canned chicken, canned diced ham. Also, picked up some plastic foldable water bottles (17.5 fluid oz) for GHB and BOB and YEP only cost a dollar. The screw cap is the perfect fit for the little sawyer filter adapter. It is FDA approved and BPA free.

We also picked up 6 dozen farm eggs from our local source.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I call big spoon.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I did a day trip to set up my tent in the woods to try it out along with fielding some gear.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Been misting the grow bed for the last 3 days. Got some Mustard Green, Romaine and Spinach sprouting. Still keeping an eye out for the herbs to start sprouting. Focused fully on paying bills to eliminate debt.

I'll most likely shit myself

Funny you mentioned debt. We have been working on a plan to get out of debt. Unfortunate thing, it's not gonna be as fast as I had hoped. It'll still be a great thing.