Page 296 of 389 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    I did nothing.
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

Which at least makes it a step sideways... and not back. so you accomplished something!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

finally pooped
    I am now completely free of debt apart from my vehicle loan that I will keep to build credit. ($75 a month)

It is such a good feeling to not have to deal with it, I may just reward myself with something to put me back into debt...... jk jk.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    $75/mth?? Thats not a car loan payment, thats a minor inconvenience!! HA HA!

Congrats on being 99% freeeee!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

What have you done to prep this week?

I spent a week in the bush with only my BOB. I got dropped off last Wednesday and picked up last night. Eye opening experience for sure. I was really able to see what was important, what I could do without, what I was missing, and where I was really prepared (or unprepared).

I was able to test and put into practice shelter building and maintenance (which was wayyyy harder than I would have previously thought), plant and wildlife identification, wild food and medicines harvesting, and cordage making. General bushcrafting and wild crafting.

I was able to test my physical abilities and adaptation to various weather conditions (wind, severe storms, heat).

I was able to practice my shooting with an air rifle, a .22, my recurve bow and my slingshot.

I have done a lot of back country camping, hiking, canoeing and the like before, but for the most part they were well planned, geared, optimized. This trip was different... I had 2 weeks of holidays booked and no plans other than working in the yard. I woke up Wednesday and decided to head out with only my BOB and my canoe. The only instructions to my ride were to pick my up in this same location in a week at the same time.

This will become an annual enterprise for me to be sure, along with my other more relaxing outings. I hope to drag out family members from time to to (without there knowing or permission lol)

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    I am now completely free of debt apart from my vehicle loan that I will keep to build credit. ($75 a month)

It is such a good feeling to not have to deal with it, I may just reward myself with something to put me back into debt...... jk jk.
    $75??? I pay that for gas 2-3 time a week! lol. I was debt free once!!! I miss that week!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Survival View Post
    I spent a week in the bush with only my BOB. I got dropped off last Wednesday and picked up last night. Eye opening experience for sure. I was really able to see what was important, what I could do without, what I was missing, and where I was really prepared (or unprepared).

I was able to test and put into practice shelter building and maintenance (which was wayyyy harder than I would have previously thought), plant and wildlife identification, wild food and medicines harvesting, and cordage making. General bushcrafting and wild crafting.

I was able to test my physical abilities and adaptation to various weather conditions (wind, severe storms, heat).

I was able to practice my shooting with an air rifle, a .22, my recurve bow and my slingshot.

I have done a lot of back country camping, hiking, canoeing and the like before, but for the most part they were well planned, geared, optimized. This trip was different... I had 2 weeks of holidays booked and no plans other than working in the yard. I woke up Wednesday and decided to head out with only my BOB and my canoe. The only instructions to my ride were to pick my up in this same location in a week at the same time.

This will become an annual enterprise for me to be sure, along with my other more relaxing outings. I hope to drag out family members from time to to (without there knowing or permission lol)
    That's awesome CS! where'd ya go?
    Given our weather as of the last week... KUDO's! you should start a thread outlining your gear, and specific results. I'd love to hear about this adventure.

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    That's awesome CS! where'd ya go?
    Given our weather as of the last week... KUDO's! you should start a thread outlining your gear, and specific results. I'd love to hear about this adventure.
    I was up in the Whiteshell. Yeah it got nasty. I think that's a good idea of putting up my own gear review thread. Then I can compare notes with others.

For the Love of Cats

dude... I know the area... quit teasing.... where'd ya go?

And Damn yeah... do a thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    dude... I know the area... quit teasing.... where'd ya go?

And Damn yeah... do a thread!!!
    I'll save it for the thread. But I started on carter island off of Eleanor Lake, made my way around past otter falls. I will detail the journey starting tomorrow.

For the Love of Cats

OK... I'll wait...

lol