Page 300 of 389 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Canned 10 jars of blackberry jam out of the garden this batch is a little sweeter than I like. I've got at least 40 left to do. Hopefully wife's grandmother will help when she's here this weekend.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

How about posting your current recipe? and then your new one? I ...
    love seeing lower sugar jams
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    How about posting your current recipe? and then your new one? I ...
    love seeing lower sugar jams
    We used the same recipe as last year this time, 7 cups blackberry juice to 5 cups sugar, and about 3 key limes. It's WAY sweeter this year. We changed one critical thing... This year we used organic pure cane sugar. I'd say we'll probably go 3-1/2 cups next time around. Not sure if we'll need more pectin next time.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    So... its been one hell of a week.

Food poisoning, throwing up so hard busting blood vessels topped off with stomach cramps. Took me out for almost 3 days. The worst part, its from my own recipe of shrimp dip.
    My German Shepherd Sable is currently out chasing the neighborhood fox. Its 4:35 AM... and Im tired of chasing her ass. She runs faster than I do.
    And to top it off.. Orion, our son, decides that after his afternoon snack of popcorn. to tells me "my ear hurts dad" so I get the q-tips, clean the outer edges, compliment him on his clean ears.. and he says " the popcorn is still in there! " Im like.... HUH?!?!? So in I go poking, prodding, with a flashlight, and YEP... theres a unpopped kernel in his ear... all the way down. Hello Emergency Room. This is the kid whos going to end up in the Marines... I can see it now.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Do you have a robot?
    Ya gotta love them........more grey hair.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I call big spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    oif. nice set up. but personally, I would rather have my pack on the inside... for obvious reasons. reasons for an external? aside from space, I hope...

Are you referring to me sitting the pack outside the tent? I may be just misunderstanding your question.
    I recently fielded tge tent with quite a bit of gear stored in tge tent. A large kit bag, an assault bag, laundry bag, and under the flap I had a ruck. The pic of the tent outside was just for size reference and it was only a day trip to test gear. It's still a little tight in tge tent but I could be comfortable in it with just a ruck.
    Im all about my stuff staying dry.

Do you have a robot?
    This weekend and next I am taking a class to re-cert my EMT status. I'm learning a bunch.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Been a busy week for the bunch, glad to hear it... beats bordom!

SF, *every* parent needs a cheap otoscope:
    http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Dr-...words=otoscope

I got mine at CVS, its a piece of shit BUT I can see the ear drum. There is no way a flashlight and the naked unassisted eye can see into the ear cavity, nasel passage, etc..

SF, your food poisoning sounds like SO MUCH fun! Reminds me of mine, only mine was not self inflicted (gotta get a jab in when I can!). The Guard was trying to cut budget (as always) so they got these gawd damn Jimmy Dean meal kits that came frozen.. supposed to be cheaper than MREs... I dont see how. Anywho, they came with a meat sandwich, condiments, etc.. Tasteless garbage, Id much rather have ate an MRE. The kits came frozen with destructions to thaw "X" hours before serving, and to discard unserved meals. Well, some asshat in mess decided that was a waste and re-froze a batch.. of course, I got one of the re-thawed twice over Jimmy Dean meal kits, and Im pretty damn sure the mayo was what went bad and made me sick enough to suck on a muzzle and flip the trigger with my big toe.

About me, Ive listed the WarWagon for the *third* time on ebay, WTF over... Damn near cant give it away, but its pretty solid and a hella truck so I came down a bit and added Best Offer, waiting to see if it will go now. Ive got 4 days left on the 7 day auction and Ive gotten no bites, Im so depressed... Need the money and cant sell for a fair price ($2K). Ive got over $3K in the trans and R&P, Im damn near GIVING it away at 2K, where else can get get a WarWagon with new trans and gears for 2K??

Got my 3 free M&P mags today, from where I bought Lil'Bravo her new 40 for her birthday.. That was a pleasant surprise.

Got my RadioShack weather radio with SAME to replace my second piece of shit Midland WX radio which died, I like having it beep for alerts for my county only.

Gotta go, wish me luck on the sale...
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

EB I'll come up take it off your hands if your gonna give it away! Good lu k in moving g it along.