Page 301 of 389 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Kick ass storm headed our way... right now! You peckers in TN will need to batten down the hatches and put tarps over your powder kegs too...

Already test ran the genny, got the cords, splitters and lights ready. Calling for heavy rain, 60mph wind (gust?) and golf ball hail.. to the west were already seeing black clouds.

Warwagon: No, I cannot literally GIVE it away, but bring 1500 and its yours!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Just yankin your chain EB.

We are expecting storms overnight, but nothing too serious. I think it's mostly gonna stay up in Kentucky and move your way. Stay safe.

1st wave of storm broke up before it hit, some rain and lightning but nothing like anticipated, second wave to hit about 2am, have to wait and see.

You might be kidding, but Im not... 1500 takes her home! HA HA! But seriously,I knew you were just yankin my chain bro.

I was playing ball with the dog and guess what (no, not monkey butt), I hit the new TV with the ball and shattered the LCD. It was "only" $180 Emerson, but none the less, the wife never did smile about it... Guess what daddy is buying as soon as I sell the Blazer?!?! Did I mention we only had it for 5 weeks?

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Looks like it's gonna be straight Jack Daiiels's tonight, no rain water in it!

No rain here overnight.
    Ouch on the LCD

Do you have a robot?
    Excavated out around my propane tank to pour a larger pad and install tie downs for earthquake protection.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I call big spoon.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I replaced my 5.11 covrt edc/ghb with something I liked a bit more. A kifaru urban zippy. American made too notch stuff. So in other words. ....not always easy on the wallet. I got their pullouts which I've posted in an earlier part of this thread but got the mandrake 500D ones. It doubles ad my work backpack so I like to keep my contents not visible. All the basics are in it. A nice neutral color. Not really military looking, and plenty of organization. The pouch and frame sheet are add ons.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    it comes with a chamber pocket inside, 3 mesh pockets which are very durable, large enough to fit a large camelbak eddy bottle.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    the organizer pocket is nice and slim, I still have some things to add to the pack but noting critical should I need the pack to get home, it's got everything I need to stay out a night or two. It doubles as my work bag so nothing suspicious about it. I always carry a bag. I did have a ghb in the car but I wanted something more handy.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    one of the pullouts containing some food set in a canteen cup and stove, fire starter is in a side pocket.
    I'm sure ghb contents has been beat to death in here but I'll list most of my items. My top shelf gear is in my sustainment pack I've shared earlier.
    For water I have my camelbak bottle with a small filter attached to the tube, and my steripen. For fire I have a farrow rod and I use the back of a knife to rain hell down onto some tinder. I have a fire cube, some gel stuff and a trusty bic.
    for food the canteen cup and stove I need to field still but I have some canned veggies and fish.
    A spool tool with a bunch of 550 cord is in there to help with shelter. A flashlight and spare batteries. Ear pro and some other small items. And of course a trauma aid kit.
    The pack has a few pieces of velcro to secure loose straps but they're not sewn on like camelbak packs and Eberlestock does.

Like the bag, I think Kif makes top shelf stuff! Hill People too...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Walking on Sunshine

didn't do anything Went west for Family reunion. Had a blast Son2's wife and kids (2 and 4) were just awesome on the flight, their first plane ride. Flight was great but on the way home it was delayed so we spent almost 6 hours in airport. Did talk briefly with sib that's prepping but couldn't talk much as rest of family was there and too many things were happening. Brother came in from Macau for vacation. China decided that his position has been "eliminated, they're cutting back on number of foriegners there. So he's stateside end of August and looking for work.We did find out my niece , brother 2's youngest is getting married in Feb, so IF she remembers to invite us , we'll be going back for wedding. Anybody know how cold it is in Las Vegas in February?

The last few weeks I've been trying to find metal to to build my stock. Old files, railroad spikes, horseshoes, broken crowbars, punches, chisels all should work from small stuff. I've also found some more tongs and hammers for certain use.

Today I went and picked up a couple of 300 gallon water totes. Thank You IZZY! You rock