Page 303 of 389 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Helo, I urge you to get a little BJJ or Judo under your belt too... so to speak. I *loved* Judo, I used many of the moves when I worked corrections and it is highly effective! Since you cant strike a detainee, you had to have a tool in your toolbox to keep from getting your ass kicked... well, Judo and lots of weight lifting worked well for me! 0-;

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Helo, I urge you to get a little BJJ or Judo under your belt too... so to speak. I *loved* Judo, I used many of the moves when I worked corrections and it is highly effective! Since you cant strike a detainee, you had to have a tool in your toolbox to keep from getting your ass kicked... well, Judo and lots of weight lifting worked well for me! 0-;

EB
    We do lots of different training. Ever heard of Haganah? Our sensei believes in teaching all apsects of self defense and fighting. We take Shorin Ryu, mixed with haganah. He also does lots of ground stuff. He has been teaching for 40 years and has many black belts.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Shot Limited class in USPSA (so I could max my mags out, with the idea of making it more realistic... mags would be carry count), I sucked... taking last month off (had to work) hurt me, and shooting against a Grand Master made my score look like peanuts!

In the end, any trigger time is good trigger time!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Working on video now, maybe ready tomorrow... after looking at my video, Im embarrassed. WTF... Its been 60 daze since I shot, I *should* be embarrassed!! I should shoot more often, been short on dime to get boolits so I could...

Stand by for video...

BTW, *still* have not sold the WarPig! Maybe I do need to put it on clist.. Ill end up trying that..

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

I sucked, but had fun doing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y94Qk2OShbs

Im the fat SOB in the gree shirt with the crossed guns & skull w/boonie cap (Big Boyz Guns shirt, were we bought our ARs)

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

7 more jars of blackberry jam this morning.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have a robot?
    Well I'm packing up and heading for the hills for a couple of days. Taking a tractor up to clear the roads at the property and then also to recover a bunch of wood I cut last summer. I have a dozer coming in next week so I can cut new roads and firebreaks.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I made a cool picture with Photoshop...

Im getting closer to my load data documentation project being in full swing... Working with FDF files for PDF templates, and will be writing a VB program to fill it all in, then a batch program to create flattened PDFs from the data in the FDF files, gonna be great!! (The programmer nerd in me jumped out, sorry) The short of it is, more load data PDFs are about to be released.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Do you have a robot?
    Finished my tractor work at the ranch. I have an area I get shale from on the property so I was about to gravel the areas which would wash out during the winter rains. Covered the culvert crossing the creek with about six inches of new shale. Put a bunch of rock at the out flow of the culvert to protect the creek bank from erosion. I also collected the 1 1/2 cords of wood I cut. I have to cut a bunch more wood for next year.

I finalized the rental for the dozer next week. You know when you deal with one company on a routine basis you can sometimes get good discounts. I talked with the guy and he going to knock off 15% and if I get him a rider from my insurance company I don't have to take the mandatory insurance which is a savings of another 12% which is a total reduction of $135. I just might be able to afford another day of rental. The biggest expense and it is a fixed cost is the $500 delivery and pickup fee.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Added another 5 gallon tank of propane and another 7 gallons of water storage. I will be able to cook another two weeks and have water for another 3 - 4 days.

Harvested some veggies from the garden. Our drought in So. Calif has really hurt our growing this year.