Page 307 of 389 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Damn Kat, you let your cat go for too long... that mouse diet will help out though... No more food from a bag or can from humanoids... go catch your dinner! HA HA!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Walking on Sunshine

EB
    You funny, funny man. They are healthy if a bit overweight so Zephyr catching the mouse was great. Miss Chloe usually gets all the mice in the house and doesn't share.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Cats are cool, wish I had one... purring while making bread is a satisfying feedback! Plus the whole mouser thing, thats a bonus.

In the many years we lived here, NEVER EVER had mice inside. Wish I had a picture of the hole I patched up, it looked like it could have been used as a pest super hiway! HA HA!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Walking on Sunshine

Well ya never know maybe they are there but are ninja mice, silent but deadly BWAAAHAA
    Sorry about the hijack.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I curious about something. We have 4 cats, so we don't have a "mouse problem", but we do get a fair amount of small field mice in the home. I know this because we have a pest control man come every month to spray mostly for spiders, but all bugs. We live out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods. We don't get many small bugs, but do get a lot of spiders, but also small field mice. We do see the occasional one with a suacide wish, but aside from a nest of two in the garage, there are no signs in the house. No food eaten, no droppings anywhere, but every month, under the stove, the poison the exterminator leaves is ravenously eaten. He has tried some under the house with no results. He tells me it's a 100 % death sentence when eaten by them, but they seem to come from miles, just to eat the poison under my kitchen stove. I can't hear them, but the cats sit in front of the stove, listening to them. Never see or smell the dead ones. Maybe is a mouse gang inisheation kind of thing?

[IMG][/IMG]

finally pooped
    The poison they eat dehydrates their bodies when they die so they don't smell. They will come from miles to eat the poison only if there's nothing else for them to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    The poison they eat dehydrates their bodies when they die so they don't smell. They will come from miles to eat the poison only if there's nothing else for them to eat.
    MOST of that type of poison contains the active ingredient called Warfarin, aka Coumadin. It is commonly prescribed as a blood thinner for people who have had blood clots or some heart problems. I know, I was on it for about 5 months in 2010. What it does to the rodents is cause them to bleed to death internally.

Walking on Sunshine

James only if they don't die under your drier. We had one die under the dryer in basement PHEWEE it stunk. We couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from so DH moved dryer and found the desiccated body of a mouse. I think it took two gallons of bleach to get the smell outta there, LOL

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Planted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, spinach, radishes, baby onions today.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

I planted some carrots and beets in trays and they have came up enough that they are about ready to transplant. Today, we dug our taters and the rest of our onions. Very disappointing results. We only got about a half bushel of taters. I was hoping for at least 1-2 bushels. But after the attack of tater bugs, I am not surprised. The onions gave about a bushel total this year, not great, but they will do us for a while. I still have some leeks left to harvest along with a few tomatos.
    The wife has put up around 40 jars of tomatos and several of Chutney.