Page 308 of 389 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I planted some carrots and beets in trays and they have came up enough that they are about ready to transplant. Today, we dug our taters and the rest of our onions. Very disappointing results. We only got about a half bushel of taters. I was hoping for at least 1-2 bushels. But after the attack of tater bugs, I am not surprised. The onions gave about a bushel total this year, not great, but they will do us for a while. I still have some leeks left to harvest along with a few tomatos.
    The wife has put up around 40 jars of tomatos and several of Chutney.
    You could fit our tomato production to date into a large mixing bowl, and we have 61 plants this year. I'm hoping everything produces late so we at least get something. On a more positive note, our pears are about ready, and they look great. I also have a TON of melons and cantaloupe, and honeydew making right now. Had to give them away last year, and we've got 10 times the vines we had last year.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

For the Love of Cats

I organized another group buy of shotgun shells so I could top off my stores for cheap!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

more 10mm ammo...
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Trimmed and pocket reamed some 556, got a lot left to do but at least I got started...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Been gone for a couple of weeks.

We put on a three day carbine instructor class for 16 of our people. We shot a butt load of ammo at the class. The best part was working in low light and team shoots. Good group of guys.

Conducted a finishing school for the academy. This is all range time to prepare them for their agencies. Lots of shooting around cars and team movements. They will be going off to a profession which is not in the greatest favor any more, to a world very divided.

The garden has come in like gang busters. We are getting shopping bags of string beans, both yellow and green. Lots of freezing we just pickled a bunch for the first time, they are great. Zucs, cucs, and a bunch of other squash have overwhelmed us, our friends are starting to avoid us. Artichokes have been doing well. The large tomatoes are just coming in, the small pear ones are sweet like candy. Melons should be ripe in about a week, with roughly thirty on the vines. Our corn is eight to ten feet tall and just about ripe. When it is done I have a friend who wants it for his cattle so it will not go to waste. Just checked and the apples are coming along just fine, we should have a good crop. All in all this has been the best harvest we have ever had, its nice to be retired to have the time to take care of it all.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Gotta love 10mm, wish I had one...
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Made a dozen jars of pickles, and 6 jars of pear, Apple, pequin pepper jelly it's REALLY tasty.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Put my life in other's hands and went to the public range. Practiced draw/fire, two hand, strong hand and weak hand with about 250 rnds.

Picked up almost a 1/2 a 5 gal bucket of brass! About 100 223, which I already deprimed and resized tonight, started trimming and reaming already... Got lots off 9mm and a good bit of 40 (of which quite a few were mine...). Guy with a bolt just GAVE me his 308, never had to pick it up, had 3 different people help me pick up brass, I have no idea why but I told them "Thank you"...

Got a few 45, not many... but what surprised me was how many 380 I got, damn that stuff is expensive!! Ill deprime and tumble EVERY piece of brass I have and bag it for future, never know when you may want it for trade... 243 and 270 brass in a bag already... Keeping the 308, I will want a Savage bolt one day.

Keeping ALL the 9 I get and processing it.. I am *hoping* to get a G17 maybe next summer. I sure missing shooting a Glock, I like my M&P but the trigger is not near as good as a stock Glock. One day, I want a G21 to add to the collection.. 45 has a sweet recoil impulse, slow and linear.

I need to do that more often but its a 45min trip one way and gas is still pricey for my wallet.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

7 jars of peach nectarine jam added to the pile this morning.

I'll most likely shit myself

Not much this past week. Did pick up a old and in great shape 2" framing chisel. Just one more on my tool whore list.