Page 311 of 389 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I completed a build on my first AR-15. It is a PSA lower with PSA lower parts kit and an Anderson upper with a 1:7 twist, chrome lined barrel, 5.56 chamber and flip up iron sights. I hope to get to the local range early next week and get it sighted in. I am excited as this is my first ever AR. Here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, we have to replace the mag release with a bullet button (mag release requires a tool to release your mag and the tip of a .223 works) and are limited legally to 10 rounds. While some people are using 30 round mags that have been permanently blocked to a max of 10, I picked up five 10 rounders. I don't even want someone to question me and at my age, I don't care if I look cool.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Let me know if you want to find a nice place to settle down here in SW VA, we have no such silly boot licker rules! (Yet....)
    The mountains here are beautiful!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    busy,busy. i will update here shortly. lots to say. LOL
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Every day I go to work, I work my ass off... between health insurance, tax, doctor visits, prescriptions, utilities and groceries, there is ZERO money left over. Ive gone week to week (actually I get paid every 2 weeks), and had $8 in the checking account when my paycheck deposits.

Im so sick and tired of living with nothing, nothing to show for it... I dont worship money or possessions.. but Id like for mama to have a car that doesnt break down, put Lil'Bravo though school, etc.. I am 100% disenchanted with the Murican Dream.

So, I am brainstorming ideas for websites that can make me residual income with minimal maintenance.. I will be selling the SERVICE of the website, non-tangible product. Thus I dont have to spend 10 hours a day packing and shipping a product to make a buck.

So I have the idea for 1 service site, actually 2.. I do not wish to put all my eggs in one basket so Id like to have multiple sites offering varied services, if one site dumps out the other 5 will be successful... In concept anyway.

So if you have any ideas let me know.

I actually had the idea for ebay several months before the site went live... Wish that was *ME* that put that together.

I program in ASP.NET with SQL database back end, I build websites from SCRATCH. I dont use software, I use Notepad, Im old school as hell, I was making good money with websites back before the dot com bust, everyone got Front Page, there cropped up a gizillion web host and for me, the bottom fell out... I went from charging $99 a month web hosting and $1,200 to build a site... to not being able to give away my services.

Wish me luck...
    EB

PS
    Dont forget suggestions for service oriented websites... (think: match.com, ebay, craigslist, etc...)
    "AR - America's Rifle"

ElevenBravo, I spent about 5 weeks in Virginia back in the mid-60's. We were visiting my dad's side of the family. I am petty ignorant of Virginia geography but I think it may have been in your part of the world. Dad was from Abingdon (spelling?) while his twin sister and her family lived in Marion. As a California kid, I loved the area, I guess I particularly loved all my cousins friends!

Here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia we do have a bunch of stupid ass laws and a state government controlled by a nothing but liberal democrats. We have not elected a Republican to state-wide office now in 2 general elections. One party rule. I recall when I was in elementary school we were taught that is how it is in the Soviet Union.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I've been working on getting my trailer up to speed this week. Got the old plywood floor off, now I'm working on sanding and priming.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

My local surplus store is closing its doors. As much as this saddens me I couldn't NOT go see what they had going for sale prices. So, I added to my vehicle kit with a disaster blanket and a nomex flight suit I'll also use for coveralls at work. A final book for my FM library, and a Tactical Tailor pouch in multicam. I think their large IFAK? I still need to look.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Went full circle, first "real" semiauto was a Glock 22... Im back... to a Glock 22...

I had a used G22 G3 on lay a way, been putting a few bux on it from time to time.. Had enough in value on my M&P to trade it on toward what was owed on the Glock and took it home.

Now, Im trying to trade several mags for a few Glock mags, wanting to shoot it in the match next month..

Im not going into a lot of details as to the WHY, it boils down to personal preference.. In the end, Im am honestly to the core happy I got the Glock.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Bought a case of Red Feather butter on sale and some more Daks hams.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Sounds like were having buttered ham after the lights go out! HA HA! DAK are not the best hams, but its sure gonna beat grasshopper and gopher!!

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"