Page 326 of 389 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

finally pooped
    Just wondering if you were going discreet to catch or obvious to frighten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneuen View Post
    Just wondering if you were going discreet to catch or obvious to frighten.
    My goal is to catch anyone on the property out front or on the sides as soon as they cross the property line. Obviously I like the deterrent, but want to get good enough video to identify race, clothing, facial features up close, and vehicle description if any for LE use if something happens to our house. In back, I want door and window coverage for ID and bump in the night viewing. Every window is alarmed, all doors are fortified, and even touching my son's window with a hard object sets off the alarm. Vehicles in the driveway, and a few dark spots on the side and back are our weak point. I've seen some solar lights modified for IR which I may look into.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

finally pooped
    You mean it's not like those crime scene dramas where you can just enhance the image over and over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Today I filled sand bags, brought them home and placed them in preparation for the first major storms of our El Nino winter. I also helped a widow neighbor get some bags filled for her home. For those of you in other areas, El Nino is the warming of the water in the Pacific that brings about stronger than usual winter storms. The "weather experts" are proclaiming this winter a monster one, so we gotta be prepared.

For the Love of Cats

Ironically enough... we are experiencing an El Nino winter this year as well.

We have above average temperatures with more precipitation.

meaning: it is between 0 and -10C And we've had 3 decent snowfalls instead of the usual two by this point.

For the most part, El Nino is welcome here.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do you have a robot?
    The nice thing is with El Nino the temperature is not too bad. Socal up north here it is just starting. We are supposed to get about 10 inches of rain over the next week. If that is the case then our local river will get pretty high. I look at it as being the big flush where it cleans out all the homeless encampments. It has not happened for a long time.

Okay so what have I been doing, well I locked myself in the shed, reloading shed, and have been going through everything cleaning, inventorying and just throwing out shit I have not used for the past ten years. You know it is amazing what you find when you clean house. Next week it is on to the garage.........
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    The nice thing is with El Nino the temperature is not too bad. Socal up north here it is just starting. We are supposed to get about 10 inches of rain over the next week. If that is the case then our local river will get pretty high. I look at it as being the big flush where it cleans out all the homeless encampments. It has not happened for a long time.

Okay so what have I been doing, well I locked myself in the shed, reloading shed, and have been going through everything cleaning, inventorying and just throwing out shit I have not used for the past ten years. You know it is amazing what you find when you clean house. Next week it is on to the garage.........
    I need a dumpster lol. Been building storage shelves in the garage to manage some of our crap, and throw out, sell, or donate other stuff.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Well my preps on Monday are paying off. Lots of water but the sandbags are doing their job and deflecting it.

For the Love of Cats

Stay safe, my friend. flooding can mess you up quick. be vigilant!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Installed camera #6 of the 10 I bought today. Fishing wire through a sloped ceiling is a whippin. I spent 3 hours (by myself) fishing 1 camera. Now all but the master bedroom and dining room side are covered by cameras. Still have lots of HDMI cable to run for the 3 tv locations I want to be able to view from.