Page 331 of 389 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Good to see you back Rob
    did i leave??? : ) i have been here, just reading. just because i don't participate a lot, doesn't mean i am not around. just busy with life, work, ect.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Crotch Rocket

Lol. Apparently you need to build a reputation like mine. The asshole that doesn't say much, but everyone knows is nearby
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Lol. Apparently you need to build a reputation like mine. The asshole that doesn't say much, but everyone knows is nearby
    it's ok... i play an asshole in real life, i don't need to be one here. LOL it's just nice to be missed. : )

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I am rebuilding an area for food. The ponds have been nixed by the city (deeper than 24") they would be technically classified as a pool. So converting it all into a raised garden, Tiered garden, Cold Frame and 4 small pools of cascading water for the sound of water movement. I plan to have all of this done by the end of this summer.

Started clearing out the area over the last few weeks. This is technically for prepping. My reasoning is weather wont always be peachy in a SHTF situation. Best to learn now what it is like and be able to plan for it.

Also I have set up a play session once a month and go paint balling at all times a year. It isnt the real thing but you can at least see how other non militaristic people react in those situations. I dont have military experience since I was not able to join due to a medical issue. It is frustrating since my granddad, dad, and brother have been involved with the forces.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Before the rain started today, we turned a bed in preparation for planting and this particular raised bed is infested with grubs. Need to go get some nematodes. Wife saw quite a few in a second bed as well, so I'll be investigating that one too. I'm thinking I'll do a grub treatment on the whole yard, and use nematodes on the food producing areas.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Rob who? I hadn't noticed you before!

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Rob who? I hadn't noticed you before!
    that's why i love you guys... like uncles, cousins, family. doesn't matter where, what or when. your always supportive. : )

Do you have a robot?
    Been busy they last couple of weeks. Prepped the 11 planting beds, got all of them weeded and cleaned out. Ill bring in some steer manure to add to them today, then plant them when things get a little warmer. The wife retired last month and has been helping a bunch outside. She started nine tomato plants inside and will be starting the peppers soon. I'm going to put covers over the panting beds using PVC and plastic in a couple of weeks. The last couple of storms would have trashed it good.

I've been reloading a bunch of rifle and picked up another RCBS Rockchucker. Went through and got all my stuff for my Dillion together to get it running. Hopefully it will be going this week.

Just received a Snugpak tent I ordered for my son. As I look at it is looks better and better. I need to get it to him soon or he might not get it. Also got a Snugpak shelter for my daughter's BOB.

Taught a class on Terrorism Response to my daughter's CERT class in Ashland, Oregon over the weekend. They are a great group of people.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    did i leave??? : ) i have been here, just reading. just because i don't participate a lot, doesn't mean i am not around. just busy with life, work, ect.
    Hey... Rob, is it? welcome to the forum. nice to meet you!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I installed a front hitch on the F350. 500lb tongue weight capacity, 9000lb pull. I have a cargo caddy installed, can fit 2 coolers on it. Ready for hotter weather and more work.