Page 335 of 389 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Odd transition... I went from 40 to 9 also, from M&P to G17.4 I like both, but *love* my 17!

I just loaded some 124g that I need to fly over the speed o meter and see how there doing, then I can load the rest... with focus on the match on the 26th.

EB
    I know!! Back when I went through the academy in 05 everybody was buying 40's, and I jumped on the bandwagon and bought a Glock 22. I like it, and the 40 is a good round, but really there isn't enough difference in the ballistics to amount to much. 9mm ammo is cheaper and mag capacity is a little better, so I made the change. I'm keeping my 40, but will start carrying the 9mm once I get a couple hundred rounds through it. I went with the 19 since it's a little smaller than the 17. I can carry it on duty, but it's still small enough to carry off duty when I'm dressed more casually too. That way I can carry the same weapon comfortably all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I need to get a glock one of these days. I have grown to realize there is really no difference between the 9, 40, and 45.
    The pawn shop on the loop has several brand new 17's and 19's in stock, all Gen 4. They're $569 so costs about the same as Academy. But they're close to home and he does a 4 month layaway. You should go check them out. You can pick up a Gen 3 for around $500 new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    1911.. pffftt...
    LOL!! I want a 1911 so bad...but I've not shot one much. I can just see myself fumbling around with an external safety in a bad situation by myself on the side of the road and it not ending well. I'll probably get one someday but I won't carry one on duty.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
    The pawn shop on the loop has several brand new 17's and 19's in stock, all Gen 4. They're $569 so costs about the same as Academy. But they're close to home and he does a 4 month layaway. You should go check them out. You can pick up a Gen 3 for around $500 new.
    Still trying to get debt free. Told myself I would not buy another gun till everything except house is paid off.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Still trying to get debt free. Told myself I would not buy another gun till everything except house is paid off.
    That's it Helomech, stick to your guns! No, wait, I mean don't stick to your guns by sticking buy your guns...um, to stick by not stuck by sticking..no, shit, that's not right either. Don't stick to not sticking by being stuck to you gun, hell...keep on saving brother.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Just loaded about 45 .223, I have 200 SRP left and enough powder for maybe 120 rounds. No more powder that I use or SRP on the shelf.

Ive got 300 SPP, plenty of powder and some bullets... No more SPP on the shelf... I loaded 20 rounds to test over the chrono, hope to do that tomorrow so I can move forward with loading the rest for the match on the 26th..

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Bought and transported bout 1000#'s of cinder blocks to finish the build on the raised garden bed. It be a tad bit more intense than I was hoping it would be. Either way it should be done by the end of this week.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Me too!! I actually will use this gun as a tax write off too since I'll use it at work. I was hoping to have my Kubota paid off by the end of the year, but may not happen. Jr. will either start the police academy or EMT training in the fall. He's not 100% sure which yet, but it's gonna cost me a little bit either way. Good investment though.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Cool, how much is police academy, and how long is it?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Full time is 16 weeks, tuition is $1,700 and probably another 1k or so for uniforms, books, gunbelt, and all that stuff. Not too bad. I knew it was coming so I saved enough cash to pay for a lot of it and he will keep working part time to help pay the rest.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by T70 View Post
    Full time is 16 weeks, tuition is $1,700 and probably another 1k or so for uniforms, books, gunbelt, and all that stuff. Not too bad. I knew it was coming so I saved enough cash to pay for a lot of it and he will keep working part time to help pay the rest.
    I guess he's doing it at a junior college? Most PD here pay the cadets like $2000/mo.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I guess he's doing it at a junior college? Most PD here pay the cadets like $2000/mo.
    Yeah at the community college in the next town over. The PD here doesn't do their own academy, and that's where he wants to go so that he doesn't have to move. I'm really thinking he's leaning more toward the EMT training, and with the way law enforcement is headed I honestly hope he does. I've been in LE for 13 years now, and I absolutely love it. With the way things are these days I just have a hard time recommending it to kids or anybody else for that matter. I'll support him whatever he chooses though. We'll see here pretty soon I guess!!