Page 343 of 389 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Planted 20 mater plants and 15 peppers,. Screwed up and got 12 jalapenos. Gonna be stuff g and grill g a lot of them this year.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I stopped of at a pawn shop doing out of business. I picked up a heater to go on top of a propane bottle for $6, two bow saws for $3 each, and an adjustable speed fan that blows horizontal to the floor, to dry wet floors and carpets for $15.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Here are my planting endeavors.
    https://www.facebook.com/vodin
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

This week I purchased 2k rds m193 and a Ruger MKIII Hunter (22LR). Also got a 15" Keymod rail to upgrade an AR, and a couple of rifle slings.
    Started rounding up supplies for global buckets.
    Oh yea, 2 dozen AR mags.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Dug red taters today, very disappointed in the number we got. We deecided to dig now because the leaves were turning brown, and yellow in this one bed, so we pulled the plants and discarded. Some plants only made 1 large red tater, others made 6-8 medium sized. No more taters in raised beds for me, gonna do buckets next year.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Got the first of the squash out of the garden yesterday, and quite a bit more today. Tomatoes and peppers will be putting out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a robot?
    I got water in the diesel in my tractor, so I bled the lines and over tightened the cap on the injector, I then had to be replace the injector. So I finely got it back up and going.

I have a neighbor who operates a tree service and always needs a place to dump his chips. I let him bring in about 80 yards of material last year which set over the winter. None of it includes any eucalyptus because the oils in it will just kill everything. I started moving and spreading it around my trees and the material is just great. It should keep down the weeds in my orchard. So he is going to bring in a bunch more. Over the summer I am going to be keeping it moist and turning it over each week to make a huge compost pile which will be ready this fall.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

I'll most likely shit myself

Planted 8 acorn squasb, 10 butternut squash, 5 pumpkin plants. Till and he'd out the rest of the garden and fertilized my taters. Fighting a running battle with tater bugs. Anybody got any cure all to get rid of them? Sevin dust used to work years ago but the mix changed and it is no longer effective

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Planted 8 acorn squasb, 10 butternut squash, 5 pumpkin plants. Till and he'd out the rest of the garden and fertilized my taters. Fighting a running battle with tater bugs. Anybody got any cure all to get rid of them? Sevin dust used to work years ago but the mix changed and it is no longer effective

If the tater bugs have an exo skeleton (on the outside) buy food grade DE. A good explanation is here. You can buy at a cattle feed store or Amazon (Cheaper prices)

http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Planted some of the last plants in the soil/straw gardens.