Page 374 of 388 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walking on Sunshine

Went to the expo last week end, think I posted elsewhere ,was a bit disappointing as half the vendors didn't show .Got some good information and met a few like minded people.Came home re energized(been a bit down lately). went this week end to university annual fruit and veggie sale. Came home with a flat of Roma tomatoes, a huge butternut squash,acorn squash and some peppers. They had as well as EVERYBODY around here tons of apples Haven't finished getting ours off the trees yet has been raining something awful here last two weeks so most of the apples are still on the trees. Monday we are processing the maters and it should dry up pretty good beginning of the week so we can get the ladder set up safely and get the rest of the apples, we're going to be VERY busy this next week. I'm still somewhat restricted,so DH will have to get the pots on the stove, lift the jars AND screw most of the rings on for me. We also celebrated our 44th anniversary last week. I got a new water canner OH and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It's official I gave DH two boxes for his present. It's the Chantix I started today so far so good no reaction(allergy wise). Just pray I DO NOT react badly to this stuff. Will let you all know how I am doing in the next 2 months.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Careful with Chantix, I had some crazy shit going in my head when I was on it. Had to stop taking it. I quit cold turkey 8 years ago.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks helo, Tried cold turkey twice but due to me being a hyperactive person(per my doctor, mother , grandmother) started to develop an ulcer. AND YES, my doctors do call me "Abby-normal". I had the chicken pox twice as a kid and then freaked my doctor out,caught them again as an adult. He believed it's due to the Lupus but couldn't actually prove it.
    Forgot to add. Just did up the tomatoes, very disappointed about a third were bad (no can't get money back). Got 7 pint and a half jars cooling , rest were cooked down for sauce , got 2 pints and a half pint. Half pint is in fridge , couldn't get it to stop floating in the canner. Called my aunt and she said just use it up as you cooked it already, should be fine. Gotta believe her as she's been doing canning for over 40 years now.

Bought more propane and went the gun range. Going to be canning tomatoes soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow...

All this canning talk...reminded me.

I need to get another tiller..as I loaned out my Troy built and the engine got burned up..

I wont be loaning out my tiller or any other such gear again. They can rent one ....if needed.

I gotta stop being a nice guy and or "Rescuing" people..when they can go and rent equipment....or even buy it.

Nonetheless...a tiller is on my bucket list in the future.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Wow...

All this canning talk...reminded me.

I need to get another tiller..as I loaned out my Troy built and the engine got burned up..

I wont be loaning out my tiller or any other such gear again. They can rent one ....if needed.

I gotta stop being a nice guy and or "Rescuing" people..when they can go and rent equipment....or even buy it.

Nonetheless...a tiller is on my bucket list in the future.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

I don't even lend out a screwdriver anymore ....

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by hardsun View Post
    Bought more propane and went the gun range. Going to be canning tomatoes soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey ANT, so did you shoot the propane bottle and puree the tomatoes? I'm laughin right now, hey WELCOME ABOARD!
    Couldn't resist the comment, the wife said you should've heated the tomatoes first (I stand corrected, first roasted and then pureed) with the propane. Enjoy yourself here there is lots to review with past posts.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Purchased two Ruger EC9s's. Took one to the range in Tullahoma and went thru a run through of what one has to do for a concealed permit out here.

Blue and yellow target. 12" x 18" "B-29'' type. Yellows are 2 pts, Blues 1 and whites are 0.
    One fires 20 rds at 3 yards, 20 rds at 5 yds, and 10 at 7 yds. 70 pts is a pass.

Cold out of the box, never fired, and me with years since I fired any 9mm, I got a 98.

I'll have to wait, though, as apparantly I have to have a year's residence in TN. Fine. TO say that I am pleased is an understatement.

Oh, and purchased GV beef-vegetable soup with two year shelf life @ 75ยข a can. Pull tab lids, so I don't have to wear out my FREDs.

Walking on Sunshine

Quick update on the Chantix. Did fine Saturday night and Sunday night, however Monday night/Tuesday morning had a full blown panic attack at about 5 AM. Found myself on my back deck portion outside in my pj's. REALLY bad dream, hyperventilating and broken out in hives. You all will get a kick out of this, I was dreaming that Mr. Spock (A Caricature of Leonard Nimoy as Spock,) trying to smother me with a navy blue Saturn shaped pillow. DH said I had been coughing a lot during the night. Spent about 2 hours cleaning my kitchen till I could call my doctor. So we are going to try something different that doesn't cause the nightmares BUT I am continuing to cut back on the number of cigs I am smoking. My goal is to be completely smoke free by my nephews wedding (in Vegas) next month. Thanks in advance for the support!!

Do you have a robot?
    Just completed the Remington Armorer school for the 870. I needed to get my CERT updated. The nice thing is I get 46% off one gun so it it time to shop this week.

I made eight VTAC targets this week. I changed the design by taking two and attaching them together by hinges. This way I do not have to have all the side supports. By using the hinges it is self supporting.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.