Page 114 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Bacon saver

Put "5" new tires on the wife's BOV............now that was fun.

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

Queen of the Doom Room

We SO SCORED this afternoon!!

I've been kind of itching for a new deep freeze for a while now. Like I posted earlier I've been cleaning out our small one of anything that can be dehydrated and using up incidentals like bread and buns that are taking up space because I want to load up on some meats before the prices really start to tick up. A couple hours ago I got online and started searching to see if I could find something in a reasonable size and price range for us. I found this one http://www.sears.com/kenmore-13-cu-f...ype=SKIP_LEVEL and pretty much made up my mind that I *really* wanted it. Evolver wasn't over the top about the idea but he didn't come out and tell me "no".

Then I got the bright idea to check Craig's List just to see what was out there. I found a posting that is almost a month old. Evolver called and left a message. I was worried the thing had already been sold.

She called back a little bit ago. Here's the deal...the EXACT same model as the one I picked out, brand new, still in the box and still under original warranty. They're selling because they are getting divorced. Asking price...$250.00...Evolver offered $200.00 and she accepted.

We go tomorrow morning to pick it up.

I see a lot more cheap meat in our future.

I'll most likely shit myself

Fantastic score. Thats a great price and what you wanted. Can't beat it.

A laugh a minute
    Hit a few yard sales today, got a few small items, then went to check out a BOV for me. 1996 Chevy blazer, 4x4, mud tires, in my favorite color teal blue, but it had high mileage 189,000 in really good shape but didn't like the mileage or the way it goes into 4 wheel drive. Push button. Was going to trade even on my car. So still looking for a BOV that I like. Chevy 4x4 truck.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

We hit SAMS up this week, got 50lb rice, 50 lb sugar, beans, salt, spices, peanut butter and a bunch of other stuff. Going to pick up some extra tarps tomorrow.

I also cleaned out the chicken coop this morning and fertilized the corn patch for next year.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Tween work, different income earning, servicing vehicle and digging I have been busy. The big project is still an ongoing grind. I hand dig a 4'x8'x5' trench for a pond. I am building walls in a 10'x10' area around the trench. I will then cut 2 55gallon drums length wise to create an ebb-and-flow aquaponic bed. I am down to the 4' mark in depth and about another week or 2 to go. And once the pond has cured I will place channel catfish in it to farm. With my research I believe my first attempt at catfish farming will get about 1 pound of catfish per every 5 gallons. So that will be about 260lbs of catfish before I start in on em. Already got the fry pond built.

After I get it built and up and running I will post pics.

(Side note anyone hear of grapes grown aquaponicly ((SP?)) but that would be an awesome wine possibility)

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Bought a Plano tackle box with 5 slide out organizers, I'm setting it up as a toolbox for spare parts, and some of my gun tools. I have a large organizer box for each of my 3 most used rifles. Yugo M70, Romanian WUM 1, and my in-progress build CMMG AR. I've got all my spare parts in one place now, as well as my field level cleaning kit for everything. I went ahead and packed up my original FCGs for the AKs, just in case, as well as the springs, pins, etc that I've accumulated for them. The tackle box is good sized, but I'm planning to just take it along on range days as a repair kit. The box has smaller organizers in a side door that will fit my brushes, and cleaning jags as well as a small number of assorted patches and my .22 to 12ga adapters for larger brushes. One small organizer will be a pistol service kit as soon as I start accumulating tools and spares for my combat sized pistols but that'll be a while. I got a spare complete ak bolt this week from apex, and it is identical in shape size etc to my current ak bolts, but WILL NOT allow the bolts to return to battery when released, the carrier stops about 1/2 inch short while the bolt goes all the way forward. I'm not willing to fit the bolt, so I'm going to exchange it this week and hope the next one works so I'll have a quick swap option to extractor/FP replacement.
    Last edited by ak474u; 08-05-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Picked up 20lbs of Bison rib-eyes (9) and a rack of short ribs, call it long term treats. Put in a new order, also our butcher is going to be slaughtering two more here in the near future if there any takers let us know and we'll get you a #. He has fresh Bison in the freezer now. Hung for 28 days.............yummy! Located between Franklin and Murfreesboro, TN. we're going to need a walk-in freezer.....................

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

GunnerMax
    I got a mint condition bayonet and sheath plus the leather accessories for my AKM, an Aimpoint PRO, and a new flash hider for the AKM. I also upgraded my accnt on Brownells and am enjoying the discounted price. I am making more rigs and deciding what I don't need

Just ordered 12 #10 cans of freeze dried chicken for $330, shipped. We came home from our vacation with a kitten, and I'm still not sure how that happened. Also not sure if we do in fact have a kitten and not a baby bobcat. The thing looks pretty wild. At least it will be a good mouser. As stormfeather stated, we finally shot some guns for the first time. Now my husband isn't so against them. We have been suffering through a bout of food fatigue, so I bought a lot of cans of "exotic" things like coconut milk and saurkraut; things we normally do not eat but will. I figure if we get this bored with food when it is plentiful, it will just get worse later.