Page 129 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

They are discontinuing the original Leatherman Multi-tool.....

So I got on ebay and found a few of them....

Been wanting to get one for the kids BOBs
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Premium Member
    Got new shoes on my truck today and also on my new (used) 6x10 BO trailer I just bought. Sam's was running a sale on BF Goodrich that started today- buy 4 and get $50.00 off the set. They did not have my size in stock, so I took the paperwork down to Sears and they matched it.

Also, helped the Ms. to get signed here. Her name is Songbird.

Where's the epi?

This week we stocked the freezer with meat and I've been picking pecans from our tree. I have several lbs now and the tree (where I can reach with a ladder) is still pretty full, just not ripe yet so I'll be doing it several more times. Dh says he'll put me up in the tractor bucket so I can reach the higher branches...that will be a lot of pecans! I don't have any more room in the freezer so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them!
    I apologize for nothing...

^^^ Get another freezer, silly, lol.

We got 26 heavy duty pallets, for FREE! I tried to pay the guy, he wouldn't take any money...he gave me some "religious literature" instead....which was fine with me. He was actually a very respectful and courteous guy, and I would like to get about 25 more pallets from him, for my woodpiles. This Saturday hubby is taking off (thank you Jesus!) so we can get this hay storage area finished, and purchase our hay for the winter. It's only going to get more expensive from here on out.

Hubby scored some %50 off canned goods tonight (some progresso soups, german potato salad, and petite peas with pearled onions), at Wally world. I told him I have some stashed cash, and I am sending him back tomorrow to empty the shelf, lol.
    Last edited by 4suchatimeasthis; 10-05-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    This week we stocked the freezer with meat and I've been picking pecans from our tree. I have several lbs now and the tree (where I can reach with a ladder) is still pretty full, just not ripe yet so I'll be doing it several more times. Dh says he'll put me up in the tractor bucket so I can reach the higher branches...that will be a lot of pecans! I don't have any more room in the freezer so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them!
    Can't you can them? or use the sucky machine?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

We're going to get another freezer once we move to the other property (the one we have now is HUGE - one of those professional ones, the frig/freezer are 6' wide) and know what they layout is going to be.

Izzy, I will have to sucky them again...still have ones from last year. They are in the freezer. I've never tried to can them. Don't know if it can be done...they may go rancid over time due to the oils in them.
    I apologize for nothing...

For the Love of Cats

Try a small batch and see.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Maybe you could make your own nut butter, Lady? How bad could it be? Plus, it would save some space.

For the Love of Cats

slingshot ammo?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

Or barter. It seemed like the seed swap was popular for a bit. Now that ya'll are done sowing, why not try trading what you reap?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!