Page 59 of 389 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

CC Gray Panther
    [QUOTE=Stormfeather;21434]The only problem with gaining the rocker would be, I would take myself out of the operational side of my job and pretty much get delegated to the administrative side. This breaks down to less trigger time and more paperwork time. . . . Can we say "TPS Reports" anyone?[/QUOTE

Oh Hell No!!! You got to find a way to be passed over . Pushing pencils and paper work is Bad Ju Ju.
    Trigger time is much better than paper pushing time. Besides think of all the paper cuts. You could injure your trigger finger.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Getting ready to go downstairs and start a full inventory of all of the prep goods. Its been on the list and today is the first real day off Ive had in weeks! Dreading it, and procrastinating, but gotta do it!

CC Gray Panther
    Getting ready also to check canned and dry goods to see what needs replenished. Also looking to see what ammo I need to bolster.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Just finished up doing a full inventory. . . holy shit. . . Ive got a ton of stuff! I even found 3 wood crates I had previously packed up and forgot about. Found I have a few gaps that I didnt realize were there. But all in all, finished up with it til next quarter! So glad that is over with, now I can concentrate on the next step Ive wanted to do, and write up profile sheets for everyone in my group and work on the hard copies of maps and routes to the BOL

I'll most likely shit myself

Just got in from a busy day. Hit up a flea market today. I found $1.75 face value silver coins at a very good price. One guy had 12 morgan's from the 1880-90's at about 60% metal value. I should have got them all, just didn't want to tie up the cash in metals right now.
    Also picked up a tumbler and media to clean my brass in prep for the reloader. Box of bullets and a .lb of powder for the 9mm rounds.

A laugh a minute
    Well today was a great day. The weather was nice so we went to check out the flea market, trader shops, thrift stores and the Habitat for Humanity store. Came home with stuff we needed and spent very little money. We found; A Craftsman 1 ΒΌ hp router ($25) for our Craftsman router table we got for free, 2 big concrete bits ( $2) to drill holes in the rocks to bust them up, I got me 2 Long hole saw bits with chucks ($10) for making my tenons for the rustic furniture I am making, 3 wood chisels, ($2) bag of wood screws a9 about 50) ($1). Also found a old tyme flea market in a warehouse that is so full of old farm stuff from Plows to slings and a lot of jeri gas cans. We got there to late and most of the shops were closed but found a few things and we are going back for the gas cans and the old tree saws, slings and more. Still looking for drawing knives. All in all a great day. Oh and 5 big homegrown tomatoes ($2) Made mater sandwiches for supper. 1 slice tomato hangs over the bread.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Getting ready to go downstairs and start a full inventory of all of the prep goods. Its been on the list and today is the first real day off Ive had in weeks! Dreading it, and procrastinating, but gotta do it!
    Oh please when you get done will you come to my house and do mine too??????? I look at shelf after shelf (in more than one room) and don't even know where to start. It has totally gotten out of hand. I have soooo run out of space that I have just started piling things in front of others.
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

Went to Sam's and Costco to do another "stock up" so I froze the meat and now I am defrosting the meat we already have so that I can "can" it tomorrow. Rotating the meats seems to be a good idea so it doesn't get freezer burn.
    I apologize for nothing...

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Kodiak and I picked up our 2 calves today. Also picked up 800 pounds of feed, six 5/5 round bales and arranged for 70 square bales next month. Good timing.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    It rained all morning and snowed all afternoon, still snowing. So we played Yahtzee all day. Oh and added more to the kitchen plans. It keeps growing. Guess we have cabin fever.