Page 313 of 389 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

We shop at Aldis all the time. Good prices, quality is good to. Their store brand dark chocolate is nice. canned food quality is as good as name, but much better prices. Meat is OK, but the produce for the most part is better quality than wallyworld and again better prices.

BTW, Trader Joe's is owned by the same company and has quality products as well. Just a little higher priced and a better assortment of choices.

Crotch Rocket

Aldi's is just far enough away I don't do any regular shopping there now, but when you get a chance you should pick up their chicken pot pies. Corned beef hash too. Best I've ever tasted for either, and worth a stop when I'm in the area.

For myself in prepping this week I have processed 5 dozen ears of corn and frozen two batches of beef stew. Growing and storing my own food is still great
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Did some sparring tonight again in Karate. I am getting much better, beat both the guys I sparred, but I did take a good shot to the ribs. Not sure how I am going to sleep tonight. Hurts to breath hard.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Vehicle antenna for my HAM radio came in. Still waiting on the mount.....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Carving, beading, primitive crafting, honing cast iron cooking skills, annual fall utility bill monitoring, harvesting wood, shelter building practice and rural property scouting....

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    ... but I did take a good shot to the ribs. Not sure how I am going to sleep tonight. Hurts to breath hard.

Humm... reminds me of when I was a cocky SOB in high school taking Karate.. Me a white belt sparring with a good black belt... I got one good hard kick in on him.... Mind you, he was fighting a white belt game with me...

Next thing I know hes holding my wrist while pulling me into a side kick to the side ribs.. If he had given it full power Id still be in the hospital. Anywho... I promptly bowed out and went outside to cry and couldnt breath for several minutes.

Respect: Level up 1 notch...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do you have a robot?
    Ya know Helo misery is optional....
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

LMAO, wife got two black eyes when she sparred last night. My ribs are killing me today, apparently he got my right side also.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

finally pooped
    It's the ones you don't see that get you.

My grandfather died at a young age. He was a preacher during his time in Vietnam with the black horse regime. He was rather short on humor. I remember one joke he told me though.

Two world class fencing duelists met to see who was better. It was a draw in every match, so they ended the day by going to dinner. As they sat at the table the first duelist suddenly draws his foil and settings at the candles on the table next to them. The second duelist laughs thinking he missed. The first one gently bored and all the candles fall over.

The second duelist says watch this, stands up and swings at the neck of his competitor. The first duelist laughs and says he missed. The second duelist says "wiggle your head"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Do you have a robot?
    Ya know Helo in our state we call that domestic abuse. You two need to stay home and heal otherwise if you go out someones going to call the cops and someone will go to jail...........got pictures for the Christmas cards now.......
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.