Page 212 of 389 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    MsO.. . sorry to hear that things arent going as well as can be hoped for, but remember, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!

If its prying into personal details, please feel free to tell me to kindly kick rocks, but im curious as to how your preps got destroyed during the summer/fall? What it that you had to use them in re: to the house burning down? Im just going by your post, but that didnt seem to be the case, but I may have read it wrong as well. Anything we can do to help get ya back on track?

It was a series of unfortunate events. The Jap beetles were especially bad this summer and killed all of our fruit trees except one cherry tree. The garden went to hell because of a few things, name Jap beetles and my time spent getting the cottage in order. Then an undetected mouse tore open the bags of stored rice. And instead of my cat getting the mouse, she decided to ruin several months worth of pet food, treats, and packaged food and spice mixes by tearing and chewing the bags. Or it was a combination of the cat and mouse. A few gallons of water leaked all over, which ruined a 50 lb bag of dog food and a couple of shelves. Plus, someone was shopping in my basement again while I was fixing up the cottage. A noticeable amount of toilet paper and canned goods walked off along with almost all of my batteries. Between that, several big-ticket items breaking (like the car and the computer, among other things), and needing to hire a lawyer to sue some stupid bitch, I haven't had the money or patience to replace my things.

The things I gave to my brother in law's family were just some things I set aside for bartering and some things I was selling on Craigslist and bookoo to pay for the lawyer. Their daughter happened to be my daughter's size in clothes and has the same interests, so I was able to give them quite a bit. Plus, I took a couple of things that I was going to give to my daughter for Christmas so she could have something new or for her parents to set aside to give to her. I had a few things for the mother, but I feel really bad that I had nothing for the other kids or husband.

I really appreciate the offer, but I'm just going to get back on track little by little. It is no use getting more things that are going to be ruined or walk off. I have been talking with my husband about some things, and things are going very well at work for him. We are hoping for a decent bonus in a few months since he fixed some critical problems and they are giving him more work and responsibility. So I figure I will just look for used locking containers for now and buy a bunch of preps if and when the bonus comes.

At least they didn't touch the expensive stuff I had hidden in old boxes in the basement! And I found a bottle of good whisky I had stashed in there. I have come to find that it has aged very well!

I'll most likely shit myself

That is a pretty good package. Several of the items are the varieties that I grow and have selected for long term storage. Keep us posted on how they turn out.

Getting ready for spring and my vertical garden in the backyard. Going to build 2 tumbling 55gal compost bins. Just bought the last of all the pieces and just waiting for the snow to melt away before building them.

Might try a worm bin as well.

Added an 1956 Russian SKS and 1500 rounds to the arsenal today as well.
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only time one should “fight fair” is when one is engaged in play.

I'll most likely shit myself

Had a good week. I am still involved with our local EmComm group and have picked up a set of deep cycle batteries and all the cables and connectors, plus a battery maintainer. This gear is going to be used as emergency power for the pair of repeaters our group use primary access to. One of the guys in the group owns and maintains the gear. This will provide back up for a period of time should the primary go down for some reason.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Things have been slow here, mostly due to financial constraints with us being off work post birth.

Got some good news that a county EMS service should be calling to offer me a part time spot. The extra work is welcomed since OT has dried up at my full time spot.

Lots of plans in the works for summer projects around the new house, going to start the yard barn build and the tiered garden in a few weeks.

Should have the remaining upper parts, sans BCG and hangaurd, to finish my 300 blk SBR. Expecting an 8.5" barrel and reloading supplies tomorrow.

As always I added to my medical supplies.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Santa got me a G19.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Damn. . .. I need to get to know your Santa. . . mine got me wool socks!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

What have you done to prep this week?

We finished the first canner of deer meat tonight. At least 2 more canner fulls to go tomorrow.

It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Crotch Rocket

I finished this semester of college with a 4.0 GPA and picked up my books for next semester, and learned why the nursing students all use wheeled luggage! I'm leaning toward possibly using an external frame pack in black though.

I have android powered phone now too, so ya'll are less safe on here now than you were . I think I may use the kindle app tonight to score some of these freebies I keeping reading about here.

Hmm... what else? Its been a busy week... oh! I installed a CTC laser guard on my pistol, only to need a gunsmith to remove it. There's a short in it and we stripped one of the tiny ass allen heads while troubleshooting that.

I did do one other thing this week as well. I picked up a 20# sand blaster from Harbor Freight, hoping it wasn't one of their lemons, for equipment/ tool maintenance. It worked like a charm, but it definitely takes some air! I think our compressor may be getting rewired for 220 to accommodate it!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I hear you! Im finishing up this semester on my degree in Homeland Security, while this is basically a somewhat new course, man oh man, is it in depth! I cant wait til we get to the part on FEMA Camps, I think I will rock that module!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.