Page 55 of 389 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

In his experience the hammer head is better

Part of my tax return got me, Burris Tac 30 Scope with Burris Fast Fire red dot and mount, Scout mount for my M1a, 500 rds of 308, 250 rds of 45, Mags for the USP and the M1a, 8 bottles of wine which can be good for trading....and maybe I like to drink it . Also got a little more canned food.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

re-designed my water storage plans
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

busy bottling up all the stuff that's just been piled up in bags

I'll most likely shit myself

Got some new shoes for the BOV. That about broke the budget. Went to a small gun show at the local armory and picked up a diamond coated knife sharpener and a drop leg pistol holster. Also picked up 200lbs of chicken feed.
    Spent some time on ebay this week and got a couple of batteries and a charger for the Sabre radio. 10 chicken nipples for the water system I'm building. Also got a few tools from e-bay. Some of them dedicated to the reloader.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 02-12-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Went thru my GHB today, and slimmed down some gear for weight... Ended up eliminating almost a pound of gear, I had 3 dedicated multitools in there, and somehow ended up with too many other tools inside. I now have room for a little extra stuff that I previously didn't have room for. I'm doing a different style belt holster in the versipack GHB. Up to now, I've had a Fobus full size kydex paddle holster for my 92D in the water bottle compartment, now I'm actually gonna have a water bottle in there, and not have to transfer it from the truck box to the bag. I'm just gonna get one of those leather belt holsters that lays flat when not in use, and just acts as a slot to cover the trigger guard and hold the gun in place, for a GHB, I think it will suffice. I had things too disorganized to really utilize, or put my hands on them quickly, so I took care of that too. I still have 6-15rnd. mags loaded, and 50 rounds extra in a plastic ammo box + 50 rounds of stingers for the pocket pistol just in case.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Where's the epi?

Finally bought a 3"- 3 ring binder and started organizing the hundreds of pages of stuff I have been saving like how to tan hides, how to make cheeses, making herbal meds, all kinds of odd recipes...stuff like that that I've downloaded from the internet. I have so much stuff saved that I need to print and file so I have hardcopy wshtf and we don't have laptops anymore. I can't believe how much stuff I've saved over the past couple of years!
    I apologize for nothing...

Bought 4 cases of canning jars. 2 pints and 2 quarts. they were marked down to $5 a case because the managers at the store wanted to see if they'd sell better. Hah! Two other ladies and myself split up everything that was left as diplomatically as we could. I am going back to see if they have re-stocked the shelves.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Got a scope for the last rifle that needs one (thanks, Stig), bought some more 5.56.

BOUGHT SOME WOOL SOCKS!!! 12 pairs actually. SAM's club has three pair packs of 75% merino wool hiking socks for 14.98 per pack. Now's the time to stock up!!!

For the Love of Cats

^ nice score Molly!!