Page 310 of 389 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do you have a robot?
    Wifey and I celebrated our 31st this week. My son bought us a couple of sit on kayaks for fishing, they are awesome, I hope to be able to go out this week and try them out.

Only made it out to the range once this week. With classes starting I hope to be out there at least two to three times a week for the next couple of months.

Today is salsa day, no you don't want to see me dance, the type you eat. Tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, chilies, cabbage, cucumber and misc spices. Other than the spices all came from the garden. 15 pints should last us a little while.

Tomorrow is pickle day. We hope to can another 12 to 18 pints of pickles.

Looks like the cantaloupes are taking a little longer, we will have at least thirty waiting to be picked. With the heat the tomatoes are really coming in good and hopefully we will be able to can some too. I wish we had planted more.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Shot about 75 rnds of .40, my buddy demonstrated (video to come) the difference between HP and FMJ, made me a believer.. Looking at HP bullets from Everglades to load with... More expensive, but will prove to be more accurate... and any mag I pick up is a self defense mag.. Will continue to load and run FMJ/plated for competition... HP for zombie storage/LTS.

Thats about it.....

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Made 7-8oz and 4-12oz jars of pear, Apple, jalapeƱo jelly. Pears and jalapeƱos are from the garden, that's the last of the pears for this year, (first crop ever) and we also had 2 honeydew melons ready today. We planted 10 times the melons this year and it's gonna be a good one for those, which is good because my tomatoes absolutely suck so far.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

Picked most of the last of our peppers, jalapenos, cayenne, Serrano, bells. Plowed part of the garden so I can sow my cover crop for the winter. I normally use just annual Rye. This year I am gonna mix in clover. It'll fix nitrogen in the soil for use next spring. I also will be working up a small plot to plant a few carrots and beets I have going in trays from seed. I'm also gonna put out kale and spinach.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I have enrolled in a CERT course.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

I started annual drain and fill on water storage
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Nothing really, other than the usual net scrolling..

Doing research on 9mm, *thinking* of switching over... I have plans on getting a G17, once I get a few K rnds down pipe Ill think it over more serious... Modern JHP 9mm "should" do what I need... thats what Im in the mist of researching. Want to load some JHP in 40 first, to give a comparison.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I carry a 40 for self defense, but shoot my 9 more often. I carry a 9mm when I am on my property. I see no reason to not have both.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do you have a robot?
    EB the 9mm of today is very respectable. Will it do the job, absolutely. I have found when you just look at the bullets. Plated bullets are substantially cheaper than 45 cal just because of the weight difference. As to the newer ammunition it is very good, take a look at the Barnes bullets and you will be pleasantly surprised.

This week has been busy already. Spent Tuesday at the range for about three hours and got paid to shoot. Yesterday a bunch of cleanup around the place and restocked the truck. Today taught on the range all day but did not get to shoot much. Start back in in the morning on the outdoor range and should get to shoot a bunch, then hunt in the evening. Saturday teach classroom all day, hunt evening and Sunday morning. I' short on venison so I hope to make out since the weather has changed.
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Our deer season does not open till next month.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson