Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your cast iron

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Show off your cast iron

Snapped a pic of what was in the cabinet...

internal racks.....

I'll get a pic of what's in the chuck box later....and I'll have to find a pic of some of the stuff at work waiting to be refinished....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Premium Member
    Echo, I like these bud. Especially the one on the very top right. My mom and dad used to collect these. If I'm correct , it has feet on the bottom and a lip on the lid for actually setting in the fire and then putting some coals on top of the lid too. These are pricy at the antique shops

Yup....got feet and the lid lip.....It's had many of cobbler cooked in it.....and a few dozen loaves of artisan bread.....a few stews....but we generally use a stew pot for that.

We will occasionally slow cook a pot of beans in it....over this....

The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I'll most likely shit myself

Looks nice Echo. I really like your stove/grill. Homemade???

We have several pieces and are getting a few more along the way. We have a Lodge outlet store about an bour from here. Found a 14" skillet last time we were up there. Got a 5 qt dutch oven with out legs a while back. I have also gotten some iron online from avri supply.com. Its not ladge wear but nice and heavy anyway.

I just got a large cast Wok I plan on tryin out a stir fry in this weekend. The wife has got to where she likes using cast better than anything else.

Premium Member
    ^ I like! BTW, the ones with feet and lid lips that I saw a couple of weeks ago in the antique store were $200 & $250. I want one, but I will have to find a deal someday.

I'll most likely shit myself

Willie i can find those new around here in 5, 6, & I think 8 qt models for under $60 at a few places here. Gander mtn, dicks, bass pro, & the outlet store.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Looks nice Echo. I really like your stove/grill. Homemade???
    Yup....made a pile of them....this is the last of them.

and I'm to the point of just trying to find a disc off a plow to make a monster wok....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Willie i can find those new around here in 5, 6, & I think 8 qt models for under $60 at a few places here. Gander mtn, dicks, bass pro, & the outlet store.
    Yup....if you have a NorthWest TrueValue....they can get them too.

I'm trying to score a 25 gallon copper cauldron....I friend of mine had a relative pass away....it was in the loft of one of the out buildings.....He has to check with out of state siblings.

It's sitting in his garage now.....cant wait.

There was an wooden paddle there....but was pretty well trashed....figure it was for the apple butter...and the mice chewed the wood.

Cast Iron....show it off....

Sam's and Dunham's also has the ones that have the lip and feet fir under $80.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have the normal cast iron skillets and pots, but this is my favorite thing to cook on.