Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your strongest prepping area?

prepguide

What is your strongest prepping area?

Was working on the sequel to my first prepping book and the section I was working on got me to thinking about this question so wanted to toss it out there.

What do you feel is the area of prepping you are strongest in?

For me it the network of contacts I have all over the country. Not all of them are preppers of course but many of them are. I speak to preppers around the country every week as well continue to stay close with the ones in my more immediate area. I try to build relationships where I can and have a good list of contacts and associates all over.

Heck the reason I live where I do (working farm) is due to some of those same contacts.

So for me that is my strongest area.

I'll most likely shit myself

My strongest is my ability to grow food stuffs. Garden, livestock in the past, chickens right now (which has been a relearning experience), orchard is underway, and a small vineyard.
    Second would be comms skills, having been a HAM operator for around 15 years. 11 of those as Emergency Coordinator for our county EmComm group.

For the Love of Cats

Mine is my mind. I can work out most any problem, I can do, and have done a whole crapload of stuff. If I don't know how to do something I can learn it from a book, talking to someone, or trial and error. Every plan I make has a backup plan, and each of those has two more. My wife always says that I have the perfect job for my mindset... I'm a Production Planner!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

In his experience the hammer head is better

It would be fair to say medical is by far my strongest asset, along with that comes staying calm in uber high stress situations. Being a firefighter/medic sure helps with this
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

The ability to keep going in face of adversity.....And do what has to be done.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Great thread, and responses so far!

I guess mine would be my upbringing. I lived in a log cabin with a poured cement floor and no indoor plumbing, till I was 13. It was on a farm, where my mom ran the farm/gardens, and my dad was a logger. So, I learned about animal husbandry, gardening, wood heat, hunting, fishing, picking rocks, shoveling snow, etc. I also learned a fair bit about general construction, because they build their own house, garage, barns, outbuildings, etc. It took them 7 yrs to build-save-build-save, but dad cut the timber, they sawed and dried it on the farm, and built the entire thing themselves, with help from my grandfather, and a few uncles. They raised us to enjoy and take pride in hard work and a job well done, to be creative and resourceful, and to put it frankly, how to go without. And that goes hand in hand with having a farm now, continuing that simple lifestyle.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Analytical mind.
    I can fix anything.
    McGyver was my understudy.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons
    I've been thinking about this for a while, and I don't think I really have a strongest area. I mean, I have a knowledge in a lot of things. I can assist people who know more about things, for example in building things, growing food, working on plumbing, doing medical stuff, etc.

What I'm trying to get myself to be much stronger at would be electrical and mechanical engineering. From being able to operate amateur radio, build antennas, make circuitry boards and repair em, to set up solar panels and battery banks, fix motors, and take "scrap" items like old cars, strip em of things like wiring, alternator, etc, and MAKE a generator.

Couple that with more basic things like farming, hunting, trapping, building, and medical stuff, I'd like to be a jack of all trades, and master of some

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

My utmost desire to help loved ones and friends to have the four basics... Food, water, shelter and comforts.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Ummm............I'm really good at killing things and blowin stuff up...................just sayin..............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.