Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash or PM's in your GHB/BOB?

I'll most likely shit myself

Cash or PM's in your GHB/BOB?

I've been giving some thought to our GHB's in particular, but BOB's as well. Something I've been considering adding to them is an amount of cash $5, 10, & 20 bills, plus some silver dimes, quarters, & halves. My thinking being I'm stuck at work or somewhere and end up walking home, there is a chance I may need some funds for an item, passage thru an area, boat ride across the lake, any number of things. Cash as long as it's still in use, silver if cash should become useless or worthless.

What's everyone's ideas on this? Anyone else already have this in practice? What amounts seem prudent?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    good thought.

me i keep rolled change and a few bucks tucked away. but i also keep some silver coins for when other monies are no good. i am also pretty good at bartering my way around.

maybe $75-100 cashy money
    2 rolls of quarters
    zippered purse/small bag with the silver
    extra pocket knives, sheath knife, length of paracord,.22 ammo for a little barter action.

edit: cashy money and rolled coins are in GHB, silver and barter items are in BOB. sorry that wasn't clear.
    Last edited by robsdak; 02-28-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

BOB from home has some cash and silver.....I carry some cash on me at all times.....but no silver.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I would say cash for the GHB and both cash/pm for the BOB. Why?...The GHB is based on a short period incident where your going point A to point B asap. The BOB is more long term and should be equipped as such. This is just the way I see it at least.

Also, I would limit the cash in the GHB based on if you leave it in your vehicle full time or take it inside with you. (some people like to take others stuff on occasion) BP, it might be better to get in the habit of keeping a small of $$$ on you at all time or hidden in your vehicle but not in your GHB.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Do both
    Each vehicle GHB has $100 small bills, $5 misc coins and a roll of silver dimes.
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I've seen the value of cash during an emergency, so I keep a fair amount with my gear. A plastic bag holds eight $100 bills and twenty $10 bills, and an equal amount is kept in the safe. I also keep two silver dollars in the gear bag.

Do you have a robot?
    I always carry cash. In my truck I always carry $500 in small bills along with a couple of rolls of quarters. I do not have silver in my truck but it is a thought. I do have plenty at my BOL along with everything else I need.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

I have $150 in cash in my edc bag, and 1 roll of silver dimes and 5 morgan silver dollars.

I suppose that's diversification.

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

In each BOB for both my wife and myself there is a roll of quarters, 10 ounces of silver rounds (1/2 1oz and 1/2 in half ounces) and $250 in ones, fives and tens.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I keep some cash in my bags. I decided to skip the PMs in the GHB simply due to the fact that while I and others like us know the value of silver currency, a good portion of our population doesnt know the difference between regular and silver currency.... Especially when it looks like a dime, quarter, etc.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.