Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K9

Crotch Rocket

Nothing of my own right now, but I'd love to get a Bouvier some day.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouvier_des_Flandres
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Some folks we knew years ago had a bouvier that was one of the best, smarest dogs I have ever been around.

Crotch Rocket

K9

I definitely agree there. I grew up with, and absolutely love them. Smart, loyal, naturally protective, and well tempered.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 03-20-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

A laugh a minute
    We have Boo Boo Baby that loves to ride anything that goes vroom. She chases anything that moves and is still learning what not to chase ( anything in a cage) she is a very good flusher so hunting with her is not a problem. She is our alarm but not a good aggressive dog until it comes to a wild animal. Oh and as Lady likes to say, she has a built in squeaky toy.

I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    have had a few, none right now. looking for 1, but looking at rescue places to adopt. these people have lost their minds. i am adopting a dog, not a CHILD. they want way too much personal information and to come for a 'surprise' visit at anytime. then take possession of the dog 'if' they feel it's being neglected. they act like Child Welfare Services. all i am looking for is a Jack Russel or a Blue Heeler. i have used the same Vet for years, so a recommendation is not a problem.

so for now, i will be without one.
    Sadly, it has become almost necessary for placement agencies to act like Child Welfare. Just like a small percentage of foster/adoptive families ruin it for everyone else, so it is with animal placement. Some folks are downright abusive. We had a local couple here that was very popular with rescue and shelter agencies, adopting pets all the time. Turned out they were feeding them to their boa constrictors. Had a neighbor a few years back that went to the pound and rescued young dogs every couple of months. Found out he took them home and used them to train his pit bulls to fight. So cut the animal welfare folks a little slack!

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Ive got two very loud beagles that bark at anything and everything, which is good and bad.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Sadly, it has become almost necessary for placement agencies to act like Child Welfare. Just like a small percentage of foster/adoptive families ruin it for everyone else, so it is with animal placement. Some folks are downright abusive. We had a local couple here that was very popular with rescue and shelter agencies, adopting pets all the time. Turned out they were feeding them to their boa constrictors. Had a neighbor a few years back that went to the pound and rescued young dogs every couple of months. Found out he took them home and used them to train his pit bulls to fight. So cut the animal welfare folks a little slack!

well say what you want, i am a responsible adult that it is capable of taking care of a dog. i don't feel it's necessary too treat me/people like we are criminals. the parts that really got me was 1, surprise visits. 2, can take the animal at anytime for any reason with or without me here. 3, an open invitation to come on to my property and look around. are you kidding me??? at least LEO's have to get a Search Warrant to do what these people want me to agree too.

besides, i have used the same Vet since she opened her office 12yrs. ago with 3 different dogs. and they all died of old age. not cutting anybody slack, all i can say is intrusive 'bastards'. hell i can buy a firearm WITH less bullshit.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    well say what you want, i am a responsible adult that it is capable of taking care of a dog. i don't feel it's necessary too treat me/people like we are criminals. the parts that really got me was 1, surprise visits. 2, can take the animal at anytime for any reason with or without me here. 3, an open invitation to come on to my property and look around. are you kidding me??? at least LEO's have to get a Search Warrant to do what these people want me to agree too.

besides, i have used the same Vet since she opened her office 12yrs. ago with 3 different dogs. and they all died of old age. not cutting anybody slack, all i can say is intrusive 'bastards'. hell i can buy a firearm WITH less bullshit.

I agree, no way I would let them do that crap. They can keep their dog, I will buy one somewhere else, or just adopt one from a shelter that is not so crazy.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I agree, no way I would let them do that crap. They can keep their dog, I will buy one somewhere else, or just adopt one from a shelter that is not so crazy.
    helo, that's the thing, they are like that here. to one degree or another. some want personal info, job contacts, my DL#. it's ridiculous at the amount of crap "they" feel they need. while i feel for the abandoned/mistreated/neglected animals, i myself am guaranteed a certain amount privacy.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Administrator

I have a 3 year old shar pei. She is very alert. Loves to wake us up when deer are in the yard and reminds us when the garbage truck is here.

A SHTF scenario I know I'm good with her around. If it was a Zombie apocalypse I'd be doomed.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.