The other day BWRR went to make his famous bbq sauce and we realized that one of his main ingredients had expired and gone bad. I thought we had more in our storage and searched everywhere. I was wrong and so he had to totally change his recipe and make it differently and needless to say he wasn't happy about it and all the time I spent searching pushed back making the other stuff for dinner since we have this thing down to a science.

I realized (and really have known) that my organization of all our preps are totally UN-organized. I have no idea anymore what we have, when it expires, where it is and it has become a monster. Everything is in closets and although they are huge and on commercial sized storage units, I cannot get to the backside of them in order to rotate to keep track of expiration dates. So, do I remove EVERYTHING from all of these shelves and try to reorganize, how do I figure out how long the stuff I canned myself is good for? At one point I kept a list but it became so cumbersome that there was no way to keep up with it.

I think the only way to fix it is to actually make a whole room a storage room but I don't think I can get BWRR to do that so I'm going to have to figure out a different plan. I realized though that this is a problem and I have to figure out a solution. SHTF comes and I don't want expired stuff around.....