A laugh a minute

Cpr instructions and guidelines: A free online basic training course

I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

That is outdated information, with a couple of scary bits in there too... I HIGHLY suggest utilizing the AHA approved methods for CPR unless trained to a different standard as a professional. Tip for anyone that winds up in a CPR situation, no mouth to mouth... that is how you get nasty incurable diseases... There is also decent evidence suggesting there is enough Oxygen in the blood stream to keep someone going without rescue breathing already, as long as they get advanced medical treatment as soon as possible (read 10-15 minutes) which is likely to occur in most situations. One of the biggest things I cannot stress enough, is if the patient is pulseless and apneic, DO NOT DELAY COMPRESSIONS. none of the pinch the nose and what not business... its pointless... Compressions should also continuous unless trained to use a BVM or barrier device to protect yourself from exposure... Often times patients in cardiac arrest will vomit because of excess air entering the stomach due to forced respirations. Hence, why there is now an emphasis on hands only CPR... the 2 inch rule and location was spot on... push hard and fast as you want atleast 100 compressions per minute, if not more... Didn't mean to stomp on any toes Taz, just want to make sure people are safe and know the right info...

Obviously, on an internet forum i am not giving out medical advice. To end this monster of a post, I suggest taking an approved CPR course and first aid course at the minimum if you are serious about prepping... I would really recommend you get your EMT or higher as it also offers a career opportunity if you are young enough... there are never enough skilled and qualified EMS professionals....
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

A laugh a minute
    sorry I didn't know that. thanks for setting me straight. guess you can delete this thread
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    sorry I didn't know that. thanks for setting me straight. guess you can delete this thread
    No its not a problem, As the video still provides some good info, and a topic that generates some pretty good conversation

Now, y'all REALLY cursed me... for real lol...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Yall cursed me...

A question I'd like to pitch if tis okay... Has anyone here ever done CPR? Other than apssbc since hes a career medic IIRC...

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    A question I'd like to pitch if tis okay... Has anyone here ever done CPR? Other than apssbc since hes a career medic IIRC...
    Far more than I care to. But again, I'm in EMS so I have more opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by ditchmedic View Post
    Far more than I care to. But again, I'm in EMS so I have more opportunities
    As am i... Had my first Cardiac Arrest monday...

Walking on Sunshine

yes but it was over 30 years ago as Pop and I were taking my mother to hospital. did mouth to mouth and compressions. wasn't easy as we are in the car but Dr said I did keep mom going. he also said if her heart hadn't collapsed , she would have made it. but years of asthma attacks had weakened her heart very badly.

Man that's awful... Lots have changed in 30 years though, thats for sure...