Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Trailer Conversion

In his experience the hammer head is better

Sorry for the delay.I havent been on the site in a while. However I have been making progress on the trailer. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions so far. I am wiring the trailer for a typical 30 amp plug for use at campgrounds. The last picture in rentprop's post is how I imagine the trailer looking when finished. So here's a list of some of the things I have made progress on. I had to fix some issues with my running lights which took some time.

Heres the front of the trailer. I have 110 plugs installed all around the trailer. There are 5 circuits for 110v power. Right side, left side, kitchen plugs, microwave and fridge, and a wire is already run for an air conditioner. There are 4 circuits for 12v power. Overhead lights, outside lights, kitchen lights, and radio power.

I also installed an outside plug. One is on the side and one is placed on the rear of the trailer.

Here I installed two windows for cross ventilation. It was a huge pain in the ass to install. I had to measure it out and weld in braces above and below. Then I had to cut out the hole for the window. Then I mounted it and sealed it from the elements. Finally I insulated around the window.

Very soon I will be making alot of progress and will be ordering a bunch of the stuff I need. The trailer will hopefully be insulated, lighted, with cabinets and walls installed by mid November. Plumbing probably wont be done yet but its getting there. Hope yall like it.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

For the Love of Cats

looking awesome so far, and great workmanship too. I love how the windows now look 'stock'
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Heres the small wood stove I plan on getting. I feel as if it has many useful features. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Mil...item53fed59212
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    Sorry for the delay.I havent been on the site in a while. However I have been making progress on the trailer. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions so far. I am wiring the trailer for a typical 30 amp plug for use at campgrounds. The last picture in rentprop's post is how I imagine the trailer looking when finished. So here's a list of some of the things I have made progress on. I had to fix some issues with my running lights which took some time.

Heres the front of the trailer. I have 110 plugs installed all around the trailer. There are 5 circuits for 110v power. Right side, left side, kitchen plugs, microwave and fridge, and a wire is already run for an air conditioner. There are 4 circuits for 12v power. Overhead lights, outside lights, kitchen lights, and radio power.

I also installed an outside plug. One is on the side and one is placed on the rear of the trailer.

Here I installed two windows for cross ventilation. It was a huge pain in the ass to install. I had to measure it out and weld in braces above and below. Then I had to cut out the hole for the window. Then I mounted it and sealed it from the elements. Finally I insulated around the window.

Very soon I will be making alot of progress and will be ordering a bunch of the stuff I need. The trailer will hopefully be insulated, lighted, with cabinets and walls installed by mid November. Plumbing probably wont be done yet but its getting there. Hope yall like it.
    Where are the tourniquet mounts? Oh, sorry touchy subject. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Looking good!
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice work! You are making good progress.

Cargo Trailer Conversion

Just got some good news. Found a guy on craigslist parting out a camper. Going Sunday to pick up a propane/electric fridge, sink, water tanks, waste tanks, pump, some cabinets, stove, wiring and lights, 110/12v converter fuse box battery charger combo, and an interior door. Possibly a furnace, and who knows what else. In all it's gonna save me 300 or so dollars from what I was gonna pay for all this. I'm pretty stoked!

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    Just got some good news. Found a guy on craigslist parting out a camper. Going Sunday to pick up a propane/electric fridge, sink, water tanks, waste tanks, pump, some cabinets, stove, wiring and lights, 110/12v converter fuse box battery charger combo, and an interior door. Possibly a furnace, and who knows what else. In all it's gonna save me 300 or so dollars from what I was gonna pay for all this. I'm pretty stoked!
    That is a great find. Lots of stuff you can use. $300 is nothing to sneeze at.

Also pretty excited, possibly making a huge prepping purchase. I'm on the verge of buying a 12 valve cummins diesel. Easily convertible to fully non electric. The engine itself will run without electricity. Starting is my only challenge. I believe it can be bypassed.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

How did i miss this?????

nice dude! This is looking awesome
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.