T, I hate to hear your story. It sounds all to familiar. A friend of mine who lives near Vienna Austria had a motorcycle wreck and messed his knee up badly and required 3-4 seperate operations. This drug out over 4 years and a lot of his story was almost identical to yours.

The thing with this health care crap in the states and the cost issues is only the first step to Obamacare. It is certainly changing the cost structure to our health care. Next comes folks losing their Dr's. On top of that, many Dr's are retiring instead of sticking around and dealing with this as it drives it into the shitter. Next to come will be a severe degradation of our care (which in my opinion has been second to none). And seeing as how our congress passed the bill so that as Nancy Piglosi so proudly stated "We have to pass this bill so we can see whats in it", who knows what else is going to take place.

IMO, it won't be but just a few years if that and our health care system from top to bottom will end up being the same solcialized medicine that lots of the rest of the world has. Just one more way the US is being torn apart.