Thread: November 2013 Thread of the Month Contest

Claptrap's Problem Solver

November 2013 Thread of the Month Contest

Since it looks like membership enjoyed doing them we will once again be doing a Thread of the Month contest for November.

Like in past contests the idea is simple. To enter.....create a thread anywhere in the survival forums (i.e. general discussion, medical, communications, food, money matters, etc). Threads in intel, stories, classifieds, ladies and town hall will not be considered. Threads from now through November 30 will be automatically entered into the contest.

It's really that simple.

At the end of the month RJ and I will chose a short list of threads that will be considered for voting. From there, YOU the members will chose the winners. We'll create a poll, you'll have a couple weeks to vote. That's right, you guys will have total control over who comes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.

So put on your thinking caps, put together some ideas for thought provoking, conversation starting, idea generating and interesting threads. The idea really is to generate great threads that drive active participation.

There will be prizes but I am working out details on that right now. I will keep y'all posted once I get them figured out. Past winners can tell you all about the cars, boats and priceless artifacts they were awarded.

All members are eligible to win with the exception of RJ, Izzy, MITunnelRat and myself.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

I will offer an old timer skinner for a prize
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Just a reminder that this event is going on. Good luck guys!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

How's everybody doing for this one?

You getting your threads posted so you can be entered into the contest? We've still got about 2 full weeks to go.

Good luck everybody.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

A laugh a minute
    didn't catch this. I didn't even know it was going on, been busy.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

It's the final week folks.

Get your threads up this week to be entered into the contest.

First off, let me thank everybody for participating and creating some really good, and discussion generating threads. Thanks for taking the effort to think them up and post them.

We will begin going through and creating a short list for YOU the membership to vote for the winner. This part is just as important as making the threads. If a small number of people votes it kind of diminishes the overall fun of the contest.

We'll keep you posted as it takes some time to sift through a months worth of threads but never fear!

Again, thanks for all the great threads.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Justa reminder, there is an old timer skinner from Grump's stash for the winner!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Thanks Grumpy!

Sorry for the delay on this one guys. Totally my fault. It's been an INSANE week at work. I should be able to wrap up the nuttyness today and have this moved forward over the weekend.

Stand by!

ALCON

So we have the short list of nominations for voting for the Thread of the Month contest. I've asked the advisory council to review my work to make sure we didn't miss anything. We should have a poll up for voting hopefully tomorrow.

Please, please, please take a second to vote for a winner. There were REALLY REALLY REALLY good threads this past month. I mean, some seriously good, discussion generating and thought provoking threads. Take a second to vote so we can declare a winner.

Thanks to everybody to created a thread last month. New content keeps the colony marching forward. I'd say we made a big leap ahead in November!