Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water the final frontier...

I have still yet to grow a brain

Water the final frontier...

I live in Colorado which technically means I live in a desert. So water is my roadblock that I am trying to get over. Get ready for an interesting discussion.

If the SHTF and it turns into the end of the world as you once knew it, water will be the top of my to get list.

You drink all of your cache. Were you just pi***** away the only water you had to live on?
    Should you save it so you can..

Distill urine, eww yeah but water is needed. Will you go that far?

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have a 2 wells on my place, a couple springs, and a pond. My deep well would not work in a SHTF situation, but I can get water from the other sources. They would need distilled, but I have everything needed to build a still and have all the wood I need to run it. I am good on water.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I have two rivers that join right in the heart of my city.

Aside from severe contamination of these rivers by biological or nuclear means, treated properly and harvested in the right locations before they reach the city, both sources are a viable option for water.

With that being said, if they were to become to contaminated... I'm essentially screwed long term

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I think knowing how to distill drinking water is a win/win either way.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have a 2 wells on my place, a couple springs, and a pond. My deep well would not work in a SHTF situation, but I can get water from the other sources. They would need distilled, but I have everything needed to build a still and have all the wood I need to run it. I am good on water.
    Have you thought about getting a solar pump for your well?
    I apologize for nothing...

I'll most likely shit myself

IIRC Prepguide sells pumps and I believe he told me there is a model that will run off solar/battery power. Once I get a well that is my plan to power a pump.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Have you thought about getting a solar pump for your well?
    Yeah, they are just expensive. My well is 300 feet deep, so I want to change it over to a airlift system, and that will be easier to use solar to power. I am just going to wait until my well needs to come up for some reason, then I will do something.

Bacon saver

Talk about derailing the thread, the man asked you all a specific question and you went to your own back yard. I, I, I, me, me, me......OK one more time. Vodin, I'll help ya out Brother.

"Distill urine, eww yeah but water is needed. Will you go that far?"

In a survival situation YES! I would distill my own dang piss if I had to do so in order to sustain life. In the meantime I'd be looking for alternatives of course. "Shaken the Dew off the lily" has been taken to a whole new level here.

There, done!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Talk about derailing the thread, the man asked you all a specific question and you went to your own back yard. I, I, I, me, me, me......OK one more time. Vodin, I'll help ya out Brother.

"Distill urine, eww yeah but water is needed. Will you go that far?"

In a survival situation YES! I would distill my own dang piss if I had to do so in order to sustain life. In the meantime I'd be looking for alternatives of course. "Shaken the Dew off the lily" has been taken to a whole new level here.

There, done!
    Actually he asked if we would go that far. I have made plans to not have to go that far. I think if you are to that point you are just postponing the inevitable. You are still walking, but you are dead.

I'll most likely shit myself

Well maybe not dead yet. But damn sure tryin to get that horrible taste outta your mouth.