Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest ride

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    It'll be just fine, it's nice.
    Gun security is tough, you're right. You could get a metal toolbox for the rear, or get/build something. The construction site Joboxes are heavy gauge steel and lock, they should be secure enough. Bolt it down in the back. Or, you could get one of the less expensive steel gun cabinets they sell, and just lay it down in the back and bolt it in. You'd have to modify the racks so the guns wouldn't bounce all over each other.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Crotch Rocket

The side windows of the cap lift open like the rear so I'm thinking the bed length wheel well toolboxes might be a good choice if I want easy access. I've had truck vault boxes recommended as well, and actually found something really cool with them: the S&W QuickDraw safe for in-home or in-cab. I rarely carry a long arm out and about, but pistol is another story, and NPE's are the story of my life right now. A higher quality, better secured safe than my current model - that is also easily accessible - sounds like smart money to me.

Secure storage behind the seats would be awesome as well, but I've been napping in my truck between classes on Tuesdays and there just isn't enough room to stretch out across the cab of a ranger. The standard cab I've been using taught me that much, so I'm thinking a couple triangular cushions to support my neck/ back, and under my knees would seriously up my comfort level in this truck.

I keep kicking around the idea of a Reese hitch receiver and brush guard or bull bar for the front. The Warn Trans4mer caught my eye, but I'd have to find someone capable of modding the mount. I don't plan to do any serious off-roading, so I could almost just throw a block and tackle in the bed if I do hit a trail for the same results, couldn't I?

The only other things I can think of right now are a comms array for CB and HAM, and MOLLE seat back/ visor panels for cab organization.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I second the jobox tool chests, they're tough, and even if you don't frequently carry a long gun, its great for a GHB, pistol, comms, etc.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Now maybe you don't have to worry about that ride with Lunchbox and Kodiak this year. You know, that creepy feeling you had last time being squished in between two big hairy guys who you'd never met before taking a loooong camping trip? Kinda had that "Deliverance" thing written all over it.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Funny thing is BWRR, he kept asking to sit in the front seat between me and LB.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Crotch Rocket

Hey! That was only to make it harder to throw me in a holler!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Hey! That was only to make it harder to throw me in a holler!
    Now being an Ohio boy myself ; I can honestly say L.B. & Kodiak would never have thrown you in a holler unless it was for your own good or you needed it for tactical learning purposes.

Crotch Rocket

You may be right. When we did get into them they were a lot more worried than I was. I think they've been too citified .

I was cool because country is country-wide. I learned that in a song.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    You may be right. When we did get into them they were a lot more worried than I was. I think they've been too citified .

I was cool because country is country-wide. I learned that in a song.
    Can't wait to hear about the 3 amigo's next adventure to Tennessee. This could turn into the Dukes of Hazzard plus one kind of trip.

Now that could be a cure to walmart shopping carts...lol