Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My latest ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crotch Rocket

My latest ride

I finally got around to replacing the car I wrecked last fall:

An '05 Ford Ranger XLT, super cab with 4wd. So far its just sat in my driveway looking awesome, but that'll change at the end of this week, and driving it home told me its well worth the wait.

Just had to share since its gotta be the most versatile, capable rig I've gotten yet. Specs and aftermarket ideas to follow, suggestions welcome. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of aftermarket storage or gun security for these.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

I'm sure you can "stuff" something in there. Put a lift kit on it, some big ass tires a spare on the roof and you should be able to make it anywhere you want to go! Just a few modifications is all...........
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

^^lmao
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'll most likely shit myself

You forgot to ahow the ladder to climb up in it!

Crotch Rocket

Lol. As much fun as that might be.... Part of the decision making process on this particular truck was its more compact size while still providing some cargo capacity and some more interior room. I can drive a lot of things, but the smaller the better. I only use one eye and my depth perception is crap. I recently found out many people with the same condition often don't/ can't drive at all. I at least still have some vision in my "bad" eye.

I'm just happy you didn't recommend truck nuts...
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Looks like a nice ride MIT.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    It wouldnt be my fist pick for myself, but I do like it... Ive been thinking of a pickup myself, Id sure like to have a 4 door Dodge with Cummins, 8 foot bed, 6" lift, 33" tires, straight drive trans, camper top and tow kit (hitch w/ wiring)... Solid front axle version of course.... And no, I wouldnt put fag stacks on it, it would stay stock exhaust. :-)
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

MIT my uncle has had Rangers for years. He drives a lot for his job and has been pleased with them. To my knowledge he has had no issues other than normal maintenance.

Crotch Rocket

That's what I've seen as well, and I was smart enough to take my dad to check this one out. Pretty sure I found a good one from his reaction too. He's called a buddy over to check it out, and asked if he could drive it to work one day I'm off! Lol.

One small dent and some minor scratching to fix on the passenger side, new chrome on the front bumper, and new wheels will have this thing looking brand new again. its sound mechanically. I should be able to hang onto this one for a while, or recoup my money in a couple years to upgrade to something newer.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Very nice, that is what you need.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.