10 28.57%
  • 51-60

8 22.86%
  • 60+

5 14.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Age group.

Administrator

I'm 33 but the General says I act like I'm 17. She's probably right.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Nothing against anyone who is in this poll or on this site regardless of age. I was really just wondering since it seemed more individuals in the 40+ range. I can understand the self relying folk from a time forgotten trying to pass on the know how. It just got to me that so few paid attention.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Nothing against anyone who is in this poll or on this site regardless of age. I was really just wondering since it seemed more individuals in the 40+ range. I can understand the self relying folk from a time forgotten trying to pass on the know how. It just got to me that so few paid attention.
    While its not indicated on this poll, there is a growing number of the 18-25 crowd out there too... Personally, I stumbled across the idea of prepping a few years back... That was the point where I realized how the world was / is looking and decided it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to at least prepare for something. Being in hurricane country, and after the 2004-2006 hurricane seasons it made a good bit of sense!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

38 here, been prepping hardcore since 9/11, but was brought up with my mom and dad who were the first generation born off the farm, so their parents trained them to prepare. My parents' first home where I grew up was on 2 large corner lots, and we had a 40x70 garden, fruit trees, chickens, rabbits etc when I was growing up. My grandmother used #10 cans of pre-64 silver as door stops, and always told me she kept them "in case something happened, she could buy food for her dog turfy the chihuahua" of course I was a little kid, and she probably didn't want to make me panic about a depression. When I was 7 I got a "survival knife" for Christmas. Yes, the old cheesy ones that had a craptastic wire saw, fishing weights, and a compass. It was THE COOLEST thing ever. I learned about possibles bags in the cub scouts, and the rest is history.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    My odometer just klicked 47... Been in the mindset since I was a kid actually, me and my buddy would get copies of ASG at the local Army Navy surplus store back in high school.

As far as SERIOUSLY prepping, only about 6 years. I was asleep, but finally woke up. The last 2 years has been a real eye opener for me, Ive learned a lot about gov, money & economy, how the system works, food supply chain, 2A infringement, etc.. etc.. Really got me to think!

Storing the typical prepper stuff but I lean more on the survivalist side. I have a tin foil hat, but only wear it periodically and just long enough to entertain all the possibilities.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

36, started seriously prepping several years ago when Katrina knocked out power in our town for a few weeks. Its a scary thought when you realize that the only food you have or are gonna have for awhile is what little bit is in the pantry.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm 29, but my wife says I'm the "world's most dangerous 12 year old".
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Lol, that's funny Izzy.
    I tell my wife more than a few things that happen here, she enjoys, but has declined to sign up for herself. She says she could say something similar about me when I told her what your wife says about you.

Just turned 47 a little over two weeks ago. Got started in high school, after doing a big paper on energy efficiency. I ran across several articles about self-reliance, and it just went from there. Was in a MAG when I was only 18. Funny thing is, neither my parents or grandparents were any type of preppers. We probably had more food in the house than most, but only because my sister and I were trying to eat all the food in the world. They kept flashlights and candles for when the lights went out, but we weren't going to be cooking.
    My wife thought I was crazy for a long time, but I finally got her turned around. Hell, she didn't even like guns around, fancy that. Some ex-asshole used to threaten her with his guns. I explained that I was not him, and real men didn't do such things. I also explained that I came with guns, and I had them before I knew her, and if she left I would have them after. So maybe she should decide whether to take it or leave it before she got too attached. That was in 1990, and though we've certainly had our ups and downs, she's still here. Got her own guns now.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Going to be 55 in July.

My main prep mindset came from work. I could go on a mission at any time and I had a backpack ready at all times. Nowadays, When I am in the right setting, I still the ready to go bag, but my main prepping is 2 weeks. I must have at all times enough supplies to hold 2 weeks without having to go out and search for food.

I am more of a weather prepper at this time.
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

I'm hitting 40 this year and while I've always dreamed of a 'little house on the prairie' lifestyle, the homesteading/prepping/survivalist mentality did not really manifest itself in me until about 7 years ago. I went through a real bad stretch of unemployment and realized that the only one I could really count on was myself... Not the job market, justice system, friends, or the government. Ever since then it has been a continual search for skills and knowledge on all things self reliant and sustainable.

What do I prep against? Not being able to take care of myself, my family or my pets.