Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have more free time...

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
    By the way, the patient is not a peds. The openings in the geodesic are (barely) big enough to get a backboard in.
    Well okay then... I wont even go there as I have horrible luck as it is... I may just run this call one day now... LOL...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Think outside the box. You have enough information to figure out how to extricate this person.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Think outside the box. You have enough information to figure out how to extricate this person.
    Considering the C-spine injury and femur fracture, Id backboard inside the dome and try to get the patient out horizontally... if the backboard could fit in, it could likely come back out with the patient if you are careful... At that point i am more worried about the femur fracture and stabilizing it since the PT will be boarded already with full spinal precautions... Would also apply a Hare traction splint to the broken femur before boarding to stabilize the leg... If I can't fit them out that way... going to plan C...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

So far, so good. Treat and package inside the dome. A traction splint is appropriate for the femur fx.

Now, how are you going to get them out? The spacing of the dome is such that a backboard will just barely fit going in - keep in mind they are triangular and much above the bottom, horizontal bar of a space it gets narrow, fast. Too narrow to get the patient out that way.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Take it apart without cutting metal or pick it up from the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by ditchmedic View Post
    Take it apart without cutting metal or pick it up from the bottom

The pieces are welded together so you can't really take it apart. The ones I've seen are anchored to concrete piers so lifting it could be an issue. But you're so close......

The pieces are welded together so you can't really take it apart. The ones I've seen are anchored to concrete piers so lifting it could be an issue. But you're so close......
    Dig underneath? You're killing me smalls

CC Gray Panther
    If it's bolted down to the piers unbolt it.

We have a winner - or two.

Congrats!

This contest is rigged. Did eagle show ID before he voted?