Thread: Kershaw Shuffle 8700

Crotch Rocket

Kershaw Shuffle 8700

I'm way behind posting some different things I've seen or had going lately due to property improvements consuming my life, so I figured I'd start with a review of this little knife. I apologize now for the lack of pics, but I just can't seem to get my phone to cooperate copying their links. This will be rectified asap.

I got this knife as a birthday present last month, and despite a couple initial misgivings that I have seen mirrored in other reviews I've found it to be a solid performer of good value. Walmart retails it for approximately $15.

Overall length is 5.75", with a rather deep bellied, 2" blade. It is 3.5" when closed, and features a very tight, reversible pocket clip. Its pommel is cut out for attaching a lanyard and is advertised as a straight screwdriver. There is also a robust bottle opener built into the handle. The knife opens manually via thumb studs. There is no assisted opening capability.

When I first got the knife the bottle opener and blade design concerned me. When taking a full-handed grip the bottle opener could be felt digging into my palm, and my index finger was a whisker away from the cutting edge. Using it with such a grip would require some attention and care, imo. What I found though, is I more naturally gripped it further down the handle, which works well for my normal cutting tasks, none of which are heavy. I was clear of both the bottle opener and the edge this way.

The lockup is excellent on this knife, and rock-solid until you disengage the liner lock. Imo it takes both hands for both operations, which I find perfectly acceptable in its role as a utility knife.

All in all it displays what I have come to know of Kershaw. Factory sharp, solidly built, and well-suited to its task. Add in the mult-purpose capability with the bottle opener alone, and I have to recommend anyone looking for a small, light use EDC knife to check it out. My girlfriend did well here.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 08-13-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice review. I love my Kershaws. Ill check them out down here.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Nice review MT
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Pics are up
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

Looks like a sweet little deal. That's some good steel on them Kershaws.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Crotch Rocket

I absolutely love them. I had a discusion with my gf before she bought it about how particular I can be, and why some knives make the grade while others don't. I told her flat out I am good at breaking shit. Lol. My example was my Kershaw Leek. I broke it too, but it lasted years before that.

My birthday was good timing because I had just broken the tip off the Leek the week before while cutting cord off a steel stake. That surprised me, but it happens
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i am a fan of Kershaw Knives. have too look around and see if i can find 1. never have too many knives.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy