Thread: We're family

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

We're family

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    BULLSHIT!!!!
    Your health and well being is a very big concern to me brother and probably to a lot more members on this site than you think!
    We're family and if you have a health issue we want to help the best as we are able to. You don't have to give intimate details. We're here to help each other and you are family and you need to know we're here for you for the long haul.

Eagle

i understand Eagle and understand this. i have talked with a couple of members about what is going on with me. it was a big deal when it all started. for those not in the know. Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes w/ Renal Complications, Hypothyroidism and High Blood Pressure. we knew about the blood pressure, not a biggie. take a couple of pills a day and be done with it. now the rest was a BOMB! that went off. what i have learned thus far, Doctors have not a clue as too what is going on. 1st i had 3 Cardiologists tell me i have had this condition since birth. i called BS..... i used to be very active, played ball in high school, rode a bike several miles a day, etc. 2nd they gave me 16-18 months to live. LOL what do they know? LOL

some days i do good, others not so well. my garden has went too pot, weeds are bad. LOL so i have taken up beekeeping. it doesn't require me to stand out in the heat. and the reward is really 'SWEET' : ) i can't be in the heat like i used to be and the meds i take are not sun or heat friendly. saps the energy right out of me. right now i am struggling to get a handle on my blood sugar. best i can figure, between the pills and insulin i am slowly boxing my kidneys, but we are trying to work that out.

Eagle said "You don't have to give intimate details". why? we're family, right? : ) but he's right, if you don't know, than you can't help.

i haven't been active here as much as i would like, nothing personal to anyone here. just haven't been feeling it. i come by and check in every so often. just not here, i frequent a couple others as well, that have been lacking proper attention.

Eagle, i am not dying any faster than i was yesterday. i think you misunderstood my post over on Metros thread, i have a dry sense of humor.

rob
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

For the Love of Cats

sorry to hear about your health issues Rob, and yes, you have been missed. It is possible to have had a heart condition since birth and not know it... when I was 25 I was 'found' to have a systolic heart murmer; and was told that I would need to live a sedinentary life so as not to aggravate it. I went back to my own doctor and he checked into it and it seems it was noticed at birth, but forgotten to be mentioned to my mom, who of course let me be a rough and tumble boy. up to and includig playing waterpolo on national and international levels.

Needless to say, I have continued to live my life as I wanted to. Without knowing what your symptoms and limitations are, I say do what you can do, live your life to the best of your ability and cherish every day that you have.

Good luck pal, I hope that things take a turn for the better!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    i haven't been active here as much as i would like, nothing personal to anyone here. just haven't been feeling it. i come by and check in every so often. just not here, i frequent a couple others as well, that have been lacking proper attention.

Eagle, i am not dying any faster than i was yesterday. i think you misunderstood my post over on Metros thread, i have a dry sense of humor.

I know you're not croaking on us. It was my old man way of letting you know we are here for you whatever the case.
    I understood your dry wit and am glad you use it. It's what keeps us all going. You hang in there big guy and treat those honeys good.
    Hell my Dr. had me taking Finasteride along with Terazosin for Prostate. The Finasteride was to control size fluctuation and works. But the side effects weren't worth it. So now I'm on a journey to find a natural solution or a combination of them.

If momma finds a place down near you ; I'll make you a deal. I'll take my rototiller and set up the garden according to your specs. and you can be Garden Boss. And I'll be the garden hand. Right after we get back from fishing.

Sniper-T

all mine comes from a chest cold that got out of hand back in 2008. from what my doctor said, was a piece of the infection broke loose and got in my blood stream and ended up finding a place in/near my heart. limitations are limited sun exposure, no extraneous activity, stay out of the heat and rest. the biggest problem is being out of breath most of the tine, some days it's hard to walk to the mailbox and back or vacuum the floor. but i try and do as i please. just with limits. : )

Eagle

not if but WHEN momma finds a place. : ) i have all the time in the world to go and look, just point me in a direction. Garden Boss? my supervising days are over. but we will work it out. LOL

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

For the Love of Cats

vacuuming? isn't that women's work???

Oh, I know LH... I'm just teasing. my home is vacuumed by males much more than females! Rob, don't ever give up! Do what you can do. When you quit, that is when you lose!

Fight, my friend... FIGHT!!!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

no wife. i live with lil' sister, doc says i can't live alone. if i want clean floors, i need to do it. never giving up. been dead before nov. 2001. another story. it's overrated. LOL like i said, i do as i please, just slower than most. like i try and cut the front yard and if i don't finish it or take too long of a break, the neighbor will finish or he will cut mine the same time he does his. good people. i have found myself to be more of a night owl here lately. easier than being up in the day, i guess. i just spend a lot of time with my girls.

Tinker

Belle

I'll most likely shit myself

Rob sorry to hear of your health issues. I pray that your able to overcome the problems. Like Eagle said, we are here and willing to do anything we can.

For the Love of Cats

I am like a Billion miles away... but I got your back dude... We are all here for you!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Ditto what that ^^^ guy said. while we are a bit of a drive, doesnt mean we arent willing to help anyway we can!

Recently had a medical scare myself, went in to do my yearly airborne physical with the military, they do an EKG as usual, and then redo it, doc comes in to tell me that there are some inconsistencies in my EKG and its very possible I could have had a small heart attack. . . I kind of laughed, told her, pretty sure thats not the case, since I have to run every day, deal with 3 kids under 6 years old, and Im pretty active across the board, and havent felt bad healthwise in a very very long time. She still thinks thats the case, but since its basically the same as last years EKG, im not too worried about it. Aint got time for no heart attacks, too busy. Duh?!?!?
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I'll most likely shit myself

Stormy, I hope everything comes up good for you. Prsyers sent. The wife has something with her heart that gives unusual EKGs. New dr always want to take a second look.