Quote Originally Posted by Fidel MD View Post
So, they just stream in with a regular flight, squawking the same code. If the radar breaks out two different targets with the same code, it will be interpreted as a mechanical or software error. At distance, they could just turn off the transponder and the radar wouldn't detect a primary target at all.
Personally I think if they used a platform of this type it wouldn't be during this time frame, given the threat level at this time (9/11). Also the approach path is another story, finding the least path of resistance as in which border country has the worst record for flight security control. I'm sure they also have recruited some geek weenies that are smart enough to manipulate some IFF gear. I'll shut up because I could run a full blown scenario that could get me booted off the site here. But it's not rocket science. I'll leave it at that.........but I do know that through certain resources that all bases and LEO's are on a elevated threat level......for once here. But My bet is our brothers and sisters overseas are ass out again somewhere fuck you very much.