Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your ears open, we have another date coming (my tin foil hat's on)

Bacon saver

Get your ears open, we have another date coming (my tin foil hat's on)

You guys down south on HF keep your ears on around the border. The 11th is near and all this talk about our little brown friends conspiring to do us harm again might have them squelching. So if you speak Farsi, espanish whatever you might pick up some chatter while turning the dial. I started spinning yesterday by my range has put my abroad, England, South Africa so far but I'm going the wrong direction, I'm just listening......... I need to be listening at night and in the wee hours. But who knows what you might pick up anywhere around the US right now. WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE SCATTERED around our backyard. Bacpacker.........you got that rig up yet????????

There could be anything on UHF/VHF/HF so don't rule it out. Stranger things have happened.........gear up, ruck up, and don't forget to tell your kids to be ready for mom and dad to "maybe" come and get them early, it's a school day.

I hate feeling like this..............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    My commo guy has been working funny shifts, so havent been able to see where we stand as far as our commo situation. I did have one of the guys come over and we tested ranges on our handhelds, and found them to work out to about 5 miles with our geographical situation. Better than nothing, but we really need to step up our commo in our group I think.
    I have a friend who has been doing the same thing BWRR, he insists that there is going to be another event coming up on the 11th, While I hope not, Im going to be with my military unit that weekend, so at least I know I will be close to home and have plenty o backup!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Hey did you ever test that rig I sent you?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Just In Time: Bought a box of 357, curious exactly how well that "one shot stop" myth holds up...

Getting ready to put my hamstick dipole up, keep forgetting to stop and get some more hose clamps so I can mount the "mast" to my basketball goal post.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

duct tape will work in a pinch...

jus' sayin'...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Rat, sadly no mine ain't up yet! Ive still got grapes growin and cant tear out everything so I can put up the post I am mounting my antenna to. I need to see if i can get anything going soon. I do have a buddy I work with that works HF regular. But he mostly works 17M and talks into Europe and south America mostly. Never heard him mention Mexico before. I'll check with him and get him to listen up.

I do agree with you though. I think there will be activity of some type, somewhere. I hope its not in the states. With the missing malyasion plane, the ones stolen in Libya, and of course the wide open southern borders. I dont have a good feeling right now. Throw Ukraine, Iraq/Syria, isreal/hamas, and the growing world financial issues and who knows what could come together over the next few weeks if something big happens on the 11th.

Damn, I gotta try and get something up and running.

For the Love of Cats

I've been asking around... no one has heard of this shit up here... I hope to God that it is a pile of crap!

That said.... I will make sure my ducks are in a row next week!!

God bless brothers and sisters....
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Just In Time: Bought a box of 357, curious exactly how well that "one shot stop" myth holds up...

Getting ready to put my hamstick dipole up, keep forgetting to stop and get some more hose clamps so I can mount the "mast" to my basketball goal post.

EB
    Some folks just don't know how easy all this can be to rig antennas, "throw and go's" as I would call some of them and get your self up and running. You really don't need to get your license if you just want to listen. But hey once you're hooked it's hard to get the barb out of your jaw. Still, EB my ears are open when you're ready for a "brief" contact just PM me and we'll do the dance. In the mean time. My ears are on, and doing the intell thing.

I'll most likely shit myself

Rat, put me in the loop on what freqs you gonna try. If I can get something up, I'll try and get in to.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I am not worried at all about the missing planes. I don't believe there is any way they could get them into the U.S. We fly offshore for a living, and if our transponder stops working or does not give them proper information they will have F-15's on us quick. A unregistered jet would have no chance.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson