Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Heard an interesting conversation on the HF band this morning

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Hell, at least I could hear ya rat, you were deep in the mud but I heard ya!

Just ordered a Cobra CB mic, Mac off QRLid says the impd. will match up FB on the TenTec!! Just gotta wire it is all.. Hope to put the new 'tenna up Sun if Im not too busy cutting wood for at the range (looking forward to shooing 100y on a private range!!)

EB
    If you weren't over on the other side of the ridge you could shoot on my 200yd range. Good to hear you got a mike on the way. I need to read my manual about CW with this rig I'm sure I can transmit without having to buy extra goods.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

There are as mant different ways to mount an antenna as you have fingers and toes. Mine will mount on an arm mounted to a mast with a pulley to raise and lower the actual antenna with. My antenna is basically a long wire, called a Carolina Windom. Its something around 130ft long, mounts at the 2/3=1/3 length point. Ends will be mounted between a tree and a post on the grape arbor.
    A vertical will mount radically different.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Show me a pic of your internet tower (whatever the hell that is...) and Ill give you my opinion.

EB
    They have to climb up a pole to do the interwebs in Canada like the phone on green acres. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    There are as mant different ways to mount an antenna as you have fingers and toes. Mine will mount on an arm mounted to a mast with a pulley to raise and lower the actual antenna with. My antenna is basically a long wire, called a Carolina Windom. Its something around 130ft long, mounts at the 2/3=1/3 length point. Ends will be mounted between a tree and a post on the grape arbor.
    A vertical will mount radically different.

Crickets?..........do I hear Crickets?

It's OK bro I just hope we don't lose our grid tomorrow and we never speak again, It will be all your fault and I hope you feel guilty because we never set up a comm plan and a set of emergency freqs. Or am I the one that has to do this?

For the Love of Cats

Being Waaaaaay rural, I have an open air internet set up... my tower has to hit the server tower 11-ish miles away...

this is it:

that is about 21 feet over my peak, or 45 feet over ground.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

You could cetianly put up a wire antenna on the mast. Drop it maybe 2 or 3ft below the interweb dish.

Rat, I cant blamme you for me being slow, or for having too much to do. Its all on me. I do hope shit dont go down tomorrow.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    You could cetianly put up a wire antenna on the mast. Drop it maybe 2 or 3ft below the interweb dish.

Rat, I cant blamme you for me being slow, or for having too much to do. Its all on me. I do hope shit dont go down tomorrow.
    You're not the slow one. I have you beat on numerous counts. But I'm going to have to post a new thread concerning our little threat. To be continued .....I hope.

may be in trouble

Pardon, a 17 month necro... It happens

BWR13, i've never been that quality of an operator as the ones you may have heard in the OP of this thread. They are likely several orders of magnitude higher than I on several charts.

Better for them to be using chatter just a little off kilter. If they started babbling as though stoned, EVERYONE including the Nephew Norberts would know they were in code.

-.-./.-./--/-.-./-.-/./-/...//-.//-.-/./..././.--./..../--/.../-///.

Kesephist

Bacon saver

SO where do we stand people? EB are you up and running?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    My coax is rolled up right now... Need to work on the antenna, but the TenTec is still ready to fire up.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"