Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola now in the states

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Lots of forced overtime this year. 6 or 7 days a week of 12hr shifts since may. Had a couple normal weeks in there but keepin' on.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Dang boy! I thought you fell off the planet. Good thing you are in your current location rather than your previous one. Trying to get out of FL would be a bitch if you wanted to egress. Welcome back Willie!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as for us. I would rather we just sit and watch from the cheap seats and maneuver our pieces on the board as the situation
    dictates.
    Hey brother, yeah had to take some time off. This year was crazy busy for us. But I have been checking in trying to stay on top of things.
    And I agree, glad we got out of south Florida and came back home to God's country.

As far as Ebola, let's just hope and pray it does not ever ever go airbourne! I still don't think the CDC and government is telling us everything as they don't want to cause a panic.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Where's the epi?

Here is a link to a study that was done to show that the Ebola virus could indeed be airborne. It is quite scientific but very interesting.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/1211...srep00811.html

Hope the link works.
    I apologize for nothing...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Here is a link to a study that was done to show that the Ebola virus could indeed be airborne. It is quite scientific but very interesting.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/1211...srep00811.html

Hope the link works.
    Yeah, I read a CNN report a while back about that same study and was going to look for it and post it here. Thank you Lady.

I'll most likely shit myself

Just read a report that one of the workers in the Dallas hospital where the original patient died has tested positive in a initial test. Supposedly they were suited up the entire time they had contact with him. Hopefully not a true case of it.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

The worker has tested positive.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Just read a report that one of the workers in the Dallas hospital where the original patient died has tested positive in a initial test. Supposedly they were suited up the entire time they had contact with him. Hopefully not a true case of it.
    Yes I agree, hopefully not airborne. The million $ question is....how did the worker get it, just like the camera man and other cases popping up?

Premium Member
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/12/k...ontract-ebola/

This article out today brings up some hard questions. So, if this nurse had full protective gear with a helper, how did she contract Ebola? Also, if the virus is in the smallest of droplets, then at what point will it be float around in the air and be called airborne. They say airborne is unlikely, and I want to believe that.

Also, if many hospitals aren't prepared to handle this and since we can not control people who walk into emergency rooms sick (sneezing, coughing, vomiting) leaving germs everywhere, how can they say "not to worry"?

Scary to think how this could get out of control going into flu season.

I'll most likely shit myself

Combine it with flu set on and we have the makings of a shit storm of epic porport I'll ns.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Combine it with flu set on and we have the makings of a shit storm of epic porport I'll ns.
    Agreed and exactly my point BP. They say that Ebola symptoms are just like flu symptoms. So, when folks go to the Dr. or emergency room and smear the germs all around waiting to be seen by a Dr., then it will be passed to others waiting just like other diseases..... and then it snowballs. I think it's going to be very complicated. Most hospitals are not equipped to handle it anyway.