Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola now in the states

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll most likely shit myself

Ebola now in the states

I havent saw any threads on this yet and I'm sure most everyone has heard about the confirmed case in Dallas. Their has also been folks tested in Hawaii, Dc, and Utah. I haven't hesrd yet if they have been confirmed. There have been up to 100 folks in Dallas that sre being looked at that may have been exposed. At least 4 in quarrentine, under guard. And others being checked daily. Yet the CDC is touying thst We Have This Under Control.

Personally I'm just waiting on a bunch of them to be confirmed. And to start seeing more cases in other areas.

What is everyones thoughts and plans ready to go or already in place? For us, we are limiting where we are going, after this weekend to top off some supplies and finish cycling my fuel stores for the year, we will limit even further where we go for a period of time to come. I am also torn on making a few purchases online. There are a few things I want, but not sure i want to bring in stuff from around the country right now. Maybe make a purchase and leave the boxes in quarentine for a week or to without any handling.

Any thoughts on last minute or must have goods, besides the normal b,b,b?

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Glad I am off for the next 3 weeks. Gives me time to see how this plays out.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Not isolating yet, but limiting exposure to anything public. We are 19 minutes from ground zero here, and only have to take a left and a left to get there. Parents are in town, so I've had son out of preschool most of the week. Picked up extra bottled water today, but we're set for at least a month and a half just on the fridge and freezers with our pantry.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

It starts spreading much, and I will lock this place down. No one will come past my gate.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member
    We are watching closely. Now a reporter has been confirmed from NBC. My first question was, HOW? I think there're not telling us everything. Since we live in rural area, we are staying away from the big cities and off any commercial flights. Stocked up on n95s if needed and essentials if we need to stay indoors for awhile.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

For the Love of Cats

just sneeze into your elbow... all will be fine...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

If it hits a border state of wisconsin, I told the wife she's giving her boss a 2 weeks notice. If it hits the state, I'm moving my family to a more rural location.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    We are watching closely. Now a reporter has been confirmed from NBC. My first question was, HOW? I think there're not telling us everything. Since we live in rural area, we are staying away from the big cities and off any commercial flights. Stocked up on n95s if needed and essentials if we need to stay indoors for awhile.
    Dang boy! I thought you fell off the planet. Good thing you are in your current location rather than your previous one. Trying to get out of FL would be a bitch if you wanted to egress. Welcome back Willie!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as for us. I would rather we just sit and watch from the cheap seats and maneuver our pieces on the board as the situation dictates.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Dang boy! I thought you fell off the planet. Good thing you are in your current location rather than your previous one. Trying to get out of FL would be a bitch if you wanted to egress. Welcome back Willie!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as for us. I would rather we just sit and watch from the cheap seats and maneuver our pieces on the board as the situation
    dictates.
    Hey brother, yeah had to take some time off. This year was crazy busy for us. But I have been checking in trying to stay on top of things.
    And I agree, glad we got out of south Florida and came back home to God's country.

As far as Ebola, let's just hope and pray it does not ever ever go airbourne! I still don't think the CDC and government is telling us everything as they don't want to cause a panic.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Where's the epi?

The person they were watching in DC is neg and released. There is another person nearby in MD under observation still. The guy from NBC was over in one of those countries and will be flown into the same hospital in Nebraska on Monday that one of the other docs was treated at. There is a person under observation in GA awaiting results, one in Hawaii as well. There was one in NJ but also neg and released.
    The virus CAN be spread from all bodily fluids to include if an infected (symptomatic) person sneezes on you or if they have the virus on their hands and touch a surface and you touch it within 2-3 hours and you have a cut or put your hands in your mouth.
    I'm taking an online course from Penn State right now on Infectious Diseases and pretty much anyone wants to talk about in the forums is the Ebola outbreak.
    I apologize for nothing...