Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBOLA: What are you doing to prepare?

Premium Member

EBOLA: What are you doing to prepare?

I figured I would start this thread to hear and learn what you all think and are doing to prepare just in case this nasty virus gets out of hand here in the U.S.

Questions:

What are you doing to right now to prepare in case we have a widespread outbreak? What supplies, preps, etc. do we need?

What would you do if it mutates, God forbid, and goes truly airborne?
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Do you have a robot?
    Reading as much as possible. I'm going to be attending a medical ICS class which will be followed by a full day tabletop on Ebola. Should be interesting.

I figure we have a while. I'm accelerating a bunch of things I have had on the back burner.

Tyvex
    Masks
    Gloves
    Bleach. I'm looking into what I need to to make my own

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Since I'm 19-20 miles from ground zero, just limiting travel to public places, disinfecting shopping baskets, washing hands, hand san often. I've got some gear and supplies set aside, but I think there probably is some time left to prepare. Good luck getting N100 masks in the dfw area right now.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Reading as much as possible. I'm going to be attending a medical ICS class which will be followed by a full day tabletop on Ebola. Should be interesting.

I figure we have a while. I'm accelerating a bunch of things I have had on the back burner.

Tyvex
    Masks
    Gloves
    Bleach. I'm looking into what I need to to make my own
    Please let us know after your class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Since I'm 19-20 miles from ground zero, just limiting travel to public places, disinfecting shopping baskets, washing hands, hand san often. I've got some gear and supplies set aside, but I think there probably is some time left to prepare. Good luck getting N100 masks in the dfw area right now.
    I have plenty of N95 mask, but no N100. I know they are better since they are HEPA rated and I probably should order some. Any online sources where we can still get them that you know of?

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    FUBAR City, man you keep you and yours safe out there FIRST.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Bacon saver

Gloves, yes, masks (short), CBR suits ineffective, LadyHK is doing her Courses, me I watch and gather intell. We are limiting our movements. Currently watching morons "House Subcommittee" Hearing on Ebola Crisis.

We are "preppers" we prep, these the scenarios we prep for. We don't know where this going or how this is going to end up. But we've ranted over this shit for years. So now may be the actual calm before the storm, the surge will come. This could lead to every scenario we've ever discussed, So I would say, "Look back in the cobb web covered filing cabinets of your brain and find those old files marked SHTF and you'll be fine."

And on that note, don't put your hopes in the government because they can't get the slide show working right now, too fuckin funny.......we're doomed.........
    Last edited by Brownwater Riverrat 13; 10-17-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Gloves, yes, masks (short), CBR suits ineffective, LadyHK is doing her Courses, me I watch and gather intell. We are limiting our movements. Currently watching morons "House Subcommittee" Hearing on Ebola Crisis.

We are "preppers" we prep, these the scenarios we prep for. We don't know where this going or how this is going to end up. But we've ranted over this shit for years. So now may be the actual calm before the storm, the surge will come. This could lead to every scenario we've ever discussed, So I would say, "Look back in the cobb web covered filing cabinets of your brain and find those old files marked SHTF and you'll be fine."

And on that note, don't put your hopes in the government because get the slide show working right now, too fuckin funny.......we're doomed.........
    Agreed. And I have no faith in our gooberment to save us. Question why is CBR suit ineffective?

Also, can't wait to hear what the Lady is learning!!

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    ...can't wait to hear what the Lady is learning!!
    "101 Ways to Wok your Cat"?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Realist, I to would like to how the ICS class goes and what course number it is, as well as, the results of the tabletop. Those are usually pretty revealing.

AK, keep your head down. Been wondering how you guys were coping.

We have added to stocks of bleach and gloves. Still need more mask and would like to get Tyler to. Amazon has both listed. We have been very selective on where we go and what we do. Will trim that up more as needed.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 10-17-2014 at 01:00 AM.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    More ammo I reckon... Never enough ammo. Or magazines.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"