So we planted tomatoes a few years back and did not get much. For whatever reason our tomatoes just did not come out well. We would only get a few nice red ones but they were never very big. We tried everything we just figured we did not have the proper heat of summer. We did get cherry tomatoes but you can't can them, well I guess you can but it would take too much time. Then last year one of the guys game me some heirloom tomatoes to try. Well guess what they went to shit too. Fast forward this year I go to work I built some nice raised beds for just tomatoes and my artichokes. I put on drip and went to town getting them all just right, I plant some nice heirlooms and what happens.....no ripe tomatoes.....they appeared to be rotting on the vine. I had a bunch of work and could not put time in the garden. My wife when out and cut one open. Guess what? It was nice and blood red inside. My heirloom tomatoes are not suppose to be nice and red, they are a little green when they are ripe...........stupid.....stupid.....stupid....pou nd head against the wall.

So after taking a look at some of your other threads I'm going to harvest some of the seeds for next year.