Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Civil unrest and disobedience

Crotch Rocket

Civil unrest and disobedience

It will take me some time to get links copied and pasted, unless somebody else is kind enough to help me out, but I want to get the ball rolling here.

Who else has read/ heard the reports of increased attacks on cops and violence at malls? Thus far I can identify North Carolina, Florida, and LA on cop attacks, and a Philidelphia suburb with a mall brawl, including two reports on other locations.

Info... Thoughts... Changes to your activity/ preps?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ive been keeping an eye on the sit, esp when Sharpton calls to kill cops, now...

*THIS* white boy aint leaving the house without a .45 (I never do anyway) AND a spare mag (I dont normally do that).

I do wish I had an underfolder for a truck gun, maybe in the future... or a 500 with a pistol grip... Since I have neighter, the .45 (Sig P250) and extra mag are in service.

I dont normally go to the mall anyway, when I do its because my daughter wants something from there, and its in and out...

I keep an eye on other drivers more, just for the possibility of the "honkey road rage", doubt it will happen but Im still being careful. I drive like a normal person... No suddon brake jabs, give my signal plenty early, polite.. all the hallmarks of someone trying to avoid road rage (which I do anyway).

I keep my doors locked at home at all times, which only makes sense.. etc.. etc..

You know, the normal everyday live in a filthy environment kinda things, Im just keeping my eyes more wide open is all.

Ill have to google the mall riot..

This may, or may not... be the "one"...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHE09Hrvgzw
    Move on, nothing to see here.. hood language and lots of inflated egos, looks like what I believe to be a typical day in Philli.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

We've been out of town the last few days so I haven't kept up with the news. I didn't hear about the mall incident or the NC/Fla attacks. I did catch a little bit about the LA, but not much on details. All this just points out to me that things aren't doing anything but going downhill. Seems to be picking up steam to.

Lately I have been carrying everywhere I go where allowed. Always armed at the house and out working around the place. Trying to always be aware of who and what is going on around me. Part of that was emphsised when I had my eye problems. I was pretty much blinded on one side while wearing the patch, and being out in public was very unnerveing to say the least. It has served to heathen my senses of what is going on more than before. We have also been avoiding places we know are rough areas. No point in tempting fate.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

It seemed like the shooting in Missouri where the guy pointed a gun at the cop causing his untimely demise was a "poke the bear" kind of attack to me.

Heres an arrest due to a threat here locally:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/277244...oristic-threat
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    It seemed like the shooting in Missouri where the guy pointed a gun at the cop causing his untimely demise was a "poke the bear" kind of attack to me.

Heres an arrest due to a threat here locally:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/277244...oristic-threat
    toy gun or not, the arrest was 'justified' as i see it. all it takes is one nut job and a well placed bullet and you aren't going home.

as for the rest of it, nothing has really changed around here, but remember i live in a 'bubble'. not saying that i don't have my 'Spidey Senses' going, just not the type to see something that isn't there.

down here there are a few businesses that have signs about concealed carry and asking you not too, i just don't patronize their establishment and stay way form the places i can't do so legally. i don't drink, so bars are out and as far a banking, i just go through the drive up window. IMO, all these folks whining and crying about concealed carry won't talk and/act that way 'if' you save their ass with yours... most of the time, you don't know that i am, unless i tell you i am armed.

sitting here thinking more about this. looks like i need to build another Win. 1300, SpeedFeed lll Tactical Stock, shell saddle, 2 rd. extension, 20 3/4" bbl, light and Ghost Sights to keep in the truck. just in case things go south. WTF is the world coming too? this is why i don't care too read the national news.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, no tv, cable cut off yrs ago, haven't been online in a week, been too busy, so I hadn't heard.

Nothing different around here. We shooting somewhere nearby all the time anyway, so nothing new. No more or less shots than any other time.

Turns out, our city was ranked 14 (IIRC) in the top 100 most dangerous cities. The neighboring city (sharing a border) was 10.

I think this alone explains that we don't go about unarmed as a matter of course, so nothing has changed.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Like you guys, Ive kind of stepped up my situational awareness. Was at the Mall of America a week or so ago when it was flooded with a metric ass-ton of protestors. I was kicking myself in the ass for not listening to the news because it apparently was a planned protest that the MOA asked protestors not to do, because of it being private property. Well lo and behold, I ended up smack dab in the middle of it, so went to threatcon-1 in a flash as soon as it happened. Luckily that mall is so damn big I was able to move out of the area to another side of the mall where there was no sign of them, and continue shopping, although wit my head on a swivel at that point.
    With the attacks on law enforcement, and the continued civil unrest, Im scaling back my going out of the area and sticking closer to home. While I am out here in the boonies per se, you still have no idea what anyones got planned, and you never know where shit is going to kick off.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm a hermit, so there's that........and as some of you can personally attest, I tend to be both overly-cautious and overly-armed.........

I have kicked the situational awareness up a few notches...
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, lots of gunfire last night, mixed in with the fireworks.
    Nothing came through the walls or windows, at least so far as I can tell.
    A friend was over last night, who also lives here in the same city. He must live in a substantially quieter neighborhood, although I remember a night not so long ago when he was firing a shot across someone's bow because they were in the street out front of his place with a gun threatening people.
    He kept looking over at me like "is this normal"?
    Yeah, pretty much.

While I think it's nice not to be so overly jumpy, I fear it breeds complacency. Bullets are going to come through the walls someday, and we won't even duck.

And before anybody says we should move, we would like that very much. We just can't financially swing it. We bought this place before real estate exploded (15yrs ago), and now have less income. We could easily sell this property at twice what we bought it for, but then couldn't make the payments on what would cost 2-3 times as much as this. For now, we are stuck.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Premium Member
    We live in "small town America" which is mostly conservative with little crime. That being said though, we are practicing much more situational awareness. When traveling, I go around areas that might be prone to Al Sharpton's BS. When traveling, we travel with a locker and several GHBs to fit the needs just in case.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!