Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepping Dynamics

Crotch Rocket

Ok. I think I've given this enough time to pose my next question.

Do those of you who visit other survival forums think the model of our majority here is common across cyberspace, or have we got something different going on?

I know we all share a number of common activities with one another. I'm still thinking mindset here.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

I look at 3 other mostly prep sites. One has degenerated to more bullshit and name calling than anything. Just have some old friends still there.
    The other two sites, while much larger than this one, 1 in particular, has kinda the same feel as this one does. The larger site has a spread of folks from across the country and has a blend of backwoods to urban, even city folks. They are very much a homesteader type forum. The second site is a pretty diverse as well, but more activity related to country life, with a little city thrown in.
    This site seems to be pretty close to both of those.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i didn't answer/post to your last question. i visit here, a bushcrafting and a homesteading forum. for me, this is a better place. the others have more of a 'click vibe' too them. if you aren't in with the popular group, your just there.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Crotch Rocket

The idea of cliques is a concern I've seen brought up at another site myself. I'm glad to see you don't get that vibe here.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    The idea of cliques is a concern I've seen brought up at another site myself. I'm glad to see you don't get that vibe here.
    to be honest... it's what keeps me from other sites. there are a few i have been to but, this is where i call 'home'
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    This is about the only one that most members share my mindset.

I got banned at a bushcraft site, resigned from a wilderness survival site and the other survivalist/prepper sites Im a member of, I mostly troll.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

This is the only forum like this that I am on.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I call big spoon.
    I live in a populated area so I choose not to stock up on more than I can carry, but not have so much that anyone looking to pilfer off me will be satisfied. I plan to work more on urban survivalcraft more. I'm pretty confident and skilled in the wilderness. But the city can be dangerous and I'd like to prepare to survive here if leaving isn't an option.

I don't really fit myself into a category. I joined as its a great looking community here. And it's always nice to refresh my memory on things.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Thank you Domeguy it was not a taxing read. Sadly it sounds like it was taxing for you in your earlier marriage life.

I am one of those other weird people almost married for 25 years and amazingly enough she is intelligent and wise and she still likes me.
    I have created a few speed bumps but if you hit em right you can catch some awesome air time.

All the best for you with your wife. And may fortune shine on you Mr. Domeguy.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Mr. V, than you are indeed a lucky man.

I must admit to being unfaithful in the past. I am guilty of using the internet to send messages to other men in a chance to get to know them, looking at pictures at night for my own personal gratification, looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine....wait,what..... no that's not what I mean. I am talking about going to other prepper sites, looking at their solar installs, their guns and such. Get your mind out of the gutter.